The Third Temple?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 28, 2015
Wasn't Jesus the third temple?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I can't think of anything in the bible on that... maybe there is...

I suppose it would depend on how you count temples... like, is the one in Jesus' day a remodeled version of Ezra's? or a separate one?

Yonah

Oct 31, 2014
There is a temple described in some detail beginning in the 40th chapter of Ezekiel also the first one that was built of stone and timber was built during Solomon's time, the second was built after the Babylonian captivity and is recorded in Ezra and Nehemiah, this was the one the romans destroyed in AD 70, the third has yet to be built... literally that is, but is being built by our Savior and each of us are lively stones in it, (2 Pet. 2:5) as far as a literal temple that many say will be built in Jerusalem, well in my opinion that is not what is being described in the latter chapters of Ezekiel, but you should study into it and see for yourself.... shalom

Feb 9, 2010
I believe there will be a 3rd temple,by way of the man of sin establishing a 7 years covenant with the Jews,and possibly the Palestinians,which would be the hindrance to the nations coming together to try to achieve peace on earth,which also he wants to deceive the Jews to go along with him as the answer to their prosperity,for the Jews as a nation must come to the truth that Jesus is their Messiah,so God can further His plan of putting down the wicked,and the millennial reign to begin,and the devil wants to hinder that plan by getting the Jews to go along with him,and his occult agenda to cause them to believe the beast kingdom is of the truth,and God is not a personal God,but an impersonal God,which they call the God of forces.

That 7 years covenant will allow the Jews to rebuild their 3d temple,and they will go back to animal sacrifices,and in the middle of the 7 years covenant the man of sin will enter their temple,and tell them to stop animal sacrifices,and claim to be God,and their Messiah.

During the 7 years covenant,God will send the Jews 2 witnesses to turn their hearts to the truth that Jesus is their Messiah,and they will turn to God as a nation,and it will be the time that God brings Israel to the truth,and causes all who do not love Him to follow the beast kingdom.

The world under the rule of the man of sin,will attack the Jews,and that is when Jesus saves them,and defeats the world,and puts them down.It says that half of the city of Jerusalem is overran,and then the other half is saved,which could be the Jews split Jerusalem,which is part of them having peace with each other,which sounds like the Palestinian side is overran,and when they get to the Jews side they are stopped.

Nov 9, 2015
There's not going to be a third physical temple any time soon no matter your literal interpretation. If you think muslim extremism is bad now, just see what happens if something happens to that dome of the rock. We'd skip every other part of whatever crystal ball roadmap you think you have and go straight into unholy pandemonium.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
And I saw no temple in the city,
for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

(Revelation 21:22)

what do you mean, "
was" ??

Jesus was and is and is to come.

Sep 28, 2015
And I saw no temple in the city,
for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

(Revelation 21:22)

what do you mean, "
was" ??

Jesus was and is and is to come.
I " was " referring to John 2:21

Wasn't John referring to Jesus as the third temple?

If so wasn't Jesus the Third temple?

Sep 4, 2012
The 3 Temples

1. Solomon's temple
  2. Herod's temple
  3. Christ's temple

And [you] yourselves, as living stones, are being built up [as] a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:5

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I " was " referring to John 2:21

Wasn't John referring to Jesus as the third temple?

If so wasn't Jesus the Third temple?

"and in three days I will raise it up"

that's not past tense.
:)
He lives!

Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.
(1 Corinthians 12:27)

Sep 28, 2015

"and in three days I will raise it up"

that's not past tense.
:)
He lives!

Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.
(1 Corinthians 12:27)
So I were right when I asked wasn't Jesus the Third temple?

Feb 1, 2015
So I were right when I asked wasn't Jesus the Third temple?
You lack spiritual understanding, he was talking about the temple of his body not the third Temple with floors and doors.

Last edited: