The thorn (not poetry)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
That night I cried out to lord,that night when Jesus came into my heart. The old man I once was has been laid to rest....for he is dead. but as I stand before you, there are faded pieces still around. Like broken shattered pieces of glass. The lord has taken away so many sins in my life, yet those pieces of glass cut whenever I try to pull them out. Lord please help me to have these pieces to be removed. Help me to love others with a humble heart. Help me to have great patience like you have shown me. To have the love that your grace has shown us. The love I want to show others. Lord you have broken down this heart of stone, but please make it soft. No matter the pain,take away my pride, release me from myself please lord. Please lord release these thorns that I can not touch. Only you lord can remove them. I love you lord no matter what this life does to me or I go through. You are my rock you are my all.

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
I'm inclined to disagree with the title. This IS poetry. It may be other things too, and perhaps it's not arranged in the most typical poetry form. But the poetry in it still shines through. (y)

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
Well thank you....I appreciate your comment. It just didn't feel like it was a poem yet it's in the poem forum. But thank you :)

N

notonmywatch

That night I cried out to lord,that night when Jesus came into my heart. The old man I once was has been laid to rest....for he is dead. but as I stand before you, there are faded pieces still around. Like broken shattered pieces of glass. The lord has taken away so many sins in my life, yet those pieces of glass cut whenever I try to pull them out. Lord please help me to have these pieces to be removed. Help me to love others with a humble heart. Help me to have great patience like you have shown me. To have the love that your grace has shown us. The love I want to show others. Lord you have broken down this heart of stone, but please make it soft. No matter the pain,take away my pride, release me from myself please lord. Please lord release these thorns that I can not touch. Only you lord can remove them. I love you lord no matter what this life does to me or I go through. You are my rock you are my all.
May the Lord grant you your request.