The time of Jacob's trouble

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
We know that it is the Great Tribulation but it is also an actual event in Jacob's life, it is the time when he was fleeing the wrath of Laban who he had [with God's help] despoiled of much wealth, Jacob was headed home straight into the arms of Esau who for all he knew was going to skin him alive.

But God had sent two companies of angels to guard Jacob from Laban and He had gone ahead of Jacob and changed Esau's heart toward him. Although Jacob did not know it he was perfectly safe even though he was in terror for his life.

This brings Jeremiah 30 into very clear focus. This scripture is packed with doctrine and shows exactly who is to go through the Great Tribulation and who will be kept safe during it.

Everyone is expecting that the Jews are going to cop it again and to be sure it is a time of terror for them. There is very soon coming a time when the Jews will flee home to Israel, ALL the Jews and the nations of the world will be in hot pursuit, For they will bring the wealth of the nations home with them.

The time of Jacob's trouble is only found in those terms in Jeremiah 30 although there are references to it in other notable scriptures, it is as I have said a time of terror for the Jews but God addresses it head on

"tell Me now does a man travail in childbirth? why then do I see every man with his hands upon his loins like a woman in labour and all faces turned pale? alas for that day is very great, there is none like it, it is the time of Jacob's trouble .... but

glorious but

He shall be saved out of it

And it shall come to pass in that day says the Lord of hosts that I will break the yoke from off his neck and I will burst their bonds asunder and strangers will no more make servants of them but they shall serve the Lord their God and David their King whom I will raise up for them.

So fear not O Jacob My servant says the Lord nor be dismayed O Israel for lo I will save you from afar and your offspring from the land of their captivity. Jacob shall return and have quiet and ease and none shall make him afraid."

So we see Israel is to be kept safe during the Great Tribulation. Israel is God's firstborn son, it is NOT the man who travails in childbirth it is the woman, THE CHURCH which travails. It is the nations who go through the Great Tribulation and the church is in the nations.

God does not mix metaphors, He is very precise in His words.

Why then is it called the time of Jacob's trouble? it is the trouble which is to come upon the nations for their dealings with the Jews during their long diaspora. It is the time of VINDICATION for the Jews.

Referring back to the event in Jacob's life when he was fleeing Laban we read that a Man came and wrestled with Jacob all night until the breaking of day and Jacob prevailed. This is struggle Israel must go through to the revelation that the Man [Jesus Christ] is indeed God in the flesh.

We the church, our job is to give birth to the nation of Israel which will reign with Christ on earth during the 1, 000 years.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
My expectation is that Israel will become a superstate when all the Jews come home.