The true Value of Friendship

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

quietmysoul

Jun 26, 2015
There are many beautiful stories of friendships in the bible :)

Do you have a true best friend? Someone whom you would be willing to die for? Someone who warms your heart!

I read the book of Job today..and It really showed me how God wants us to treat our friends.
Clearly here Job's friends were not being good comforters..they were accusing him of sin, instead of helping him cope with his pain. As we see below:

Job Reproaches His Pitiless Friends

16 Then Job answered and said:
2 “I have heard many such things;
Miserable comforters are you all!
3 Shall words of wind have an end?
Or what provokes you that you answer?
4 I also could speak as you do,
If your soul were in my soul’s place.
I could heap up words against you,
And shake my head at you;
5 But I would strengthen you with my mouth,
And the comfort of my lips would relieve your grief.

So I think the lesson here is..we shouldn't be so hasty to condemn someone for their misfortunes in life..but rather we should always offer words of encouragement and hope to our friends when they are facing hardships in life :)

images.jpeg aba153943324a4cb6fd0e4d9dea27ae7.jpg download.jpeg

B

BeyondET

Nice thread thank you :)

C

chancer

Yeah would should def try to support our friends

M

Muddajayjay

Thank you for this ❤️. It's beautiful

A

Ariel82

Naomi and Ruth, they had a great friendship.

David and Jonathon were also best friends.