The twelfth foundation of the Christian faith: “to hear the voice of Jesus and obey” (11/12)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
  • “Therefore whosoever hears these sayings (o. logos) of mine, and does them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that hears these sayings (o. logos) of mine, and does them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” (Matthew 7.24-27).
  • “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” (Revelation 3.20).

The twelfth foundation is “to hear the voice of Jesus and obey”. It’s important to highlight that we must hear the voice of Jesus. Although it is important to obey what it is written in the Holy Scripture (2Peter 1.19), what Jesus require of us is that we go directly to Him (Matthew 11.28) and hear His voice.

This so it is because nobody can come to Jesus. It is necessary that the Father, not only speaks to the man and teaches him, but also draws him to Jesus (John 6.44,45; Ephesians 4.20,21). No man, by himself, can engage his heart to approach of Jesus (Jeremiah 30.21) (at least, not of the true Jesus).

Everyone need to hear the voice of Jesus and be taught by Him (Ephesians 4.21). Once only Jesus knows the Father, only it's doable knows Him through His revelation. Furthermore, only Jesus knows who are us and what we were created for (Psalms 25.4).

Observe carefully and you'll see the chiefly characteristic of the Jesus’ sheep the ability of knowing His voice (and not His teachings – John 10.4,5).

So much so that the identity of the Church is prayer (Isaiah 56.7; Matthew 21.13; Mark 11.17; Luke 19.46), namely, to hear His voice and answer with alacrity (Isaiah 50.2; 66.4). We are turning over the things. We claim can hear the voice of Jesus, but, when He crave for speaking with us, we always are hectic, in a hurry and very busy. What does it make us to think that He must answer us when is suitable for us? After all, who is the Lord? We or He?

Have a day fraught of the contemplation of the heavenly regions.