The war on sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 20, 2011
Sin is not bad because it is evil. Sin is bad because slowly it cuts us off from the source of life, from God. Sinfullness may allow someone to gain wealth on earth, but that persons soul will suffer (thinking especially of dealing drugs) but there is also another demension, that is namely the realm of the mind. If in your mind someone offends you and you hate them for that, it is sinful because you are unable to see God in that person.
The wage of Sin is death, maybe not all at once, but a creeping death that infects a person.
If you don't think death walks among us, look at someone who uses meth, they are the walking dead, but they have the life that God gave them still. They are still being bestowed the mercy of God to continue living so that they might turn from their way of life and live.
I like to think of God as the source of life in that he is a flame burning inside each person, making our hearts beat, allowing the trees and animals life, therefore there is no place on earth that god doesn't actively enter.. The question of sin arises when we are cut off from or cut ourselves off from this Holy Spirit.. If we try to fight alone the demons overwhelm us, but they cower in the face of God the Immortal, Giver of Life and Source of all Good.
To anyone who reads my ramblings, I hope they are helpful. I dont believe it wastes time to talk about serious issues that relate directly to the life of everyone.
Peace Love and Happiness

N

newman46

for all have sinned and fall short from the glory of god
Sin is not bad because it is evil. Sin is bad because slowly it cuts us off from the source of life, from God. Sinfullness may allow someone to gain wealth on earth, but that persons soul will suffer (thinking especially of dealing drugs) but there is also another demension, that is namely the realm of the mind. If in your mind someone offends you and you hate them for that, it is sinful because you are unable to see God in that person.
The wage of Sin is death, maybe not all at once, but a creeping death that infects a person.
If you don't think death walks among us, look at someone who uses meth, they are the walking dead, but they have the life that God gave them still. They are still being bestowed the mercy of God to continue living so that they might turn from their way of life and live.
I like to think of God as the source of life in that he is a flame burning inside each person, making our hearts beat, allowing the trees and animals life, therefore there is no place on earth that god doesn't actively enter.. The question of sin arises when we are cut off from or cut ourselves off from this Holy Spirit.. If we try to fight alone the demons overwhelm us, but they cower in the face of God the Immortal, Giver of Life and Source of all Good.
To anyone who reads my ramblings, I hope they are helpful. I dont believe it wastes time to talk about serious issues that relate directly to the life of everyone.
Peace Love and Happiness

Jan 20, 2011
yes, but there is always forgiveness from sin! If and only if we sincerley repent however!!

K

karine___

yeah George, i think sometimes it can happen very subtly with the tendency we have to take our lives in our hands, we worry ,rush ahead of Him and end up doing things our way(countless times i have done that) , with doubt in the back of our minds that God won't provide though we tell ourselves He's in control, and that is sin. He loves us so much, though, that He doesn't want us to even worry! That though circumstances show there's no hope or way out, He promised to never leave us and by trusting Jesus we can have His peace and whatever is ahead will work out for good :)

D

DanuckInUSA

I dislike this concept of struggle. The Gospel I see is so much stronger. Christ has won. there is no battle to fight. the battle is won. Be Christ-like. Let the sins of your flesh die with your flesh and press on to the things of the kingdom.

Jan 20, 2011
True, Christ has won, but we are not saints. We are not in communion with God. The war on sin is real not because Christ is lacking, for he lacks nothing, but because WE are lacking.