The way church is

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2009
Ok i have a discussion/question.
Church!
like lots of things happen in the church.
Praying
But like ok so in matthew 6 when jesus tells us to pray he says to go into our bedrooms and close the door.
but people allways pray out in church.
he also says do not do repetitive prayer, but like today in church the pastor repeated himself like 10 times in 1 prayer.
and people allways repeat emselfs in prayer.

Worship
worship then, du agree with jumping, clapping, projectors, bands, people getting down on the floor.
Ther music even du thik just the psalms. du think hymns, or du think the modern stuff.

Communion
Some churchs dont do it, what do you think?

Toungs
Ya so paul says in first corinthians that it anoints yourself when you do it and than if some can do it they shounld pray to interpet it and that like without interpetition it means nothing because we then cant understand it and it does not benifit the body. Yet i see so many people speaking toungs in church with no interpetition, i beleve this is wrong what du think?

Fellowship
ya so afters some churchs have sandwitchs n tea and just fellow ship for like half hour,
but some also every1 just leaves right after,
What du think?

Size's?
ok i know from alot of my already questions it differs in the size f a church, big churchs tend to get the band, no communion, no fellowship after, and pray out big time and repeat.
Small churchs tend to fellowship, do communion, not to much on the toungs, n not repeate prayers, but still pray out.
Du think it should matter.
du think the big churchs are wrong n should have food n tea after n have communion n everything.

A

Abing

i just stopped by to answer some ofyour questions, (im in a hurry so pardon me if i dont answer everything completely) )these are what ive learned during my daily walks with God, hope this might help to clarify somethings :D

Church!
Praying
But like ok so in matthew 6 when jesus tells us to pray he says to go into our bedrooms and close the door.
he also says do not do repetitive prayer, but like today in church the pastor repeated himself like 10 times in 1 prayer.

-> what do you say about the Hannah who prayed for a son? at church? (Samuel's mother?) 1 Samuel 1

Worship
worship then, du agree with jumping, clapping, projectors, bands, people getting down on the floor.
Ther music even du thik just the psalms. du think hymns, or du think the modern stuff.

-> this is just one of so many verses about praising (Psalm 150:4) anyways God loves variety :D
clapping - is one way to show your happiness, we clap our hands when someone sings lol, or someone performs, the more we clap for what God does everyday
projectors - well actually, projectors are used to provide lyrics to those who don't know it, do you think its wrong?
bands - christian bands u mean? or praise & worship team? well, - remember in the old testament, there are musical directors and experts when it comes to instrument, they all perform for the Lord :D if we perform to entertain people, how much more should we perform to entertain our God (when in the first place, we were made for His pleasure)

well we might also want to consider these:

Romans 12:1 …In view of God's mercy… offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship
Hebrews 12:29 We should worship God in a way that pleases him with respect and awe, because our God is like a fire that burns things up.
Romans 15:11 The Scripture says, …" praise the Lord. All you people, sing praises to him."
Hebrews 13:15 Through Jesus let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that confess his name.
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: ... a time to mourn and a time to dance” (Ecclesiastes 3:1,4)

i hope the others can explain this more hehe i dont have much time

Communion
Some churchs dont do it, what do you think?

LK. 22:14-20

14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God." 17 After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "take this and divide it among you. 18 For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is by body given for you; do this in remembrance of me. " 20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup,
saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."

Act 2:42
They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

Christian Churches should do it because it IS written, but as for the others that don't. they have their bibles and they should know but if they continue what they're doing, we cannot judge, but God will.
note: never judge the churches

Toungs
Ya so paul says in first corinthians that it anoints yourself when you do it and than if some can do it they shounld pray to interpet it and that like without interpetition it means nothing because we then cant understand it and it does not benifit the body. Yet i see so many people speaking toungs in church with no interpetition, i beleve this is wrong what du think?

Mark 16:17-18 (New International Version)

17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

When the Holy Spirit controls your body, there's no way you can resist it :D, btw have u experienced that? cause as of personal experience, im not sure but when someone speaks in tongues at church, praise & worship becomes intense (thats what i experienced at church). but im sure it benefits the one who is doing it,

Fellowship
ya so afters some churchs have sandwitchs n tea and just fellow ship for like half hour,
but some also every1 just leaves right after,
What du think?

we don't know their own circumstances, and we dont have rights to judge them. if they leave church rght after, then what? whats wrong with that?

Size's?
ok i know from alot of my already questions it differs in the size f a church, big churchs tend to get the band, no communion, no fellowship after, and pray out big time and repeat.
Small churchs tend to fellowship, do communion, not to much on the toungs, n not repeate prayers, but still pray out.
Du think it should matter.
du think the big churchs are wrong n should have food n tea after n have communion n everything.

again, we dont the rights to say someone is wrong, my friend. :D but size doesnt matter really. it really depends on whats inside their hearts (both the churchgoers and the church organizers) if the churchgoers just go there because it has bands and all, then i wouldnt say its good lol.

well i have to go ttyl

N

NoahsMom

Prayin= I think you should pray however, and whenever you are lead, ( if your bein lead by the spirt and not just prayin to hear yourself, this helps).
Worship= Personally, i love to worship God, thru song, testimony, whatever, the music doesnt matter so much to me( style) as long as its sincere.
Communion=most churches I attended did communion at passover, however, there have been a few who i noticed did it whenever, I just think it ought to mean something, not become out of habit i guess youd say.
Tongues=Will not discuss that in here for any mans money.
Fellowship=Fellowship is good, to interact with new memebers etc, .
Size=Dont see that this matters as long as its a sincere church and Gods in control.

these are my opinions only.

Jan 31, 2009
Church!
Praying

But Jesus also said:Mt 21:13And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the HOUSE OF PRAYER; but ye have made it a den of thieves.Mr 11:17And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the HOUSE OF PRAYER? but ye have made it a den of thieves.Lu 19:46Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the HOUSE OF PRAYER: but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Status
Not open for further replies.