The weird thing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
It is weird how people believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit were for the time of the apostles, but they believe that since the christians in that time had tribulation, we also have to have tribulation....

Why is that?
Ohhh....you poor pumpkin, i get the feeling your thread was derailed, because no one realised that you were talking about trials and the gifts of the Spirit and not the tribulation period.
Pressure!

Jul 3, 2011
Ohhh....you poor pumpkin, i get the feeling your thread was derailed, because no one realised that you were talking about trials and the gifts of the Spirit and not the tribulation period.
Pressure!
But he was talking about the tribulation period.

He doesnt understand why cessationalist think that the gift wetre only for the Apostle, but that we will go through the Tribulation because they went through tribulation.

D

DaivdM

But he was talking about the tribulation period.

He doesnt understand why cessationalist think that the gift wetre only for the Apostle, but that we will go through the Tribulation because they went through tribulation.
Is not that I don't understand.... Is why tehey beleive that...
They say the apostle miracles or something like that were for the time of the apostle.... But they said that since apostles and the church of the old time when throught tribulation, we have to go throught it too....

D

DaivdM

Pressure!
I was not talking about trial... Trials we have now, and tribulations... But I was talking about the Great tribulation and the gifts of the holy spirit that some people beleive were only for the apostles

Aug 12, 2010
What was the differences
One is a miracle.

The other is the talent of speaking a foreign language.

David...are you speaking gibberish in your church?

If you are, flee from it.

May 21, 2009
Is not that I don't understand.... Is why tehey beleive that...
They say the apostle miracles or something like that were for the time of the apostle.... But they said that since apostles and the church of the old time when throught tribulation, we have to go throught it too....

1. Matthew 5:10
    Blessed and happy and enviably fortunate and spiritually prosperous (in the state in which the born-again child of God enjoys and finds satisfaction in God's favor and salvation, regardless of his outward conditions) are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake (for being and doing right), for theirs is the kingdom of heaven!
    Matthew 5:9-11 (in Context) Matthew 5 (Whole Chapter)

The bible says we go through it.
Rejoice!

D

DaivdM

One is a miracle.

The other is the talent of speaking a foreign language.

David...are you speaking gibberish in your church?

If you are, flee from it.
U really need the holy spirit in you...
I can tell you my experience on speaking tongues...
But I know u will not believe me. But I will
I was talking in,tongues, then I wanted to stop and pray in my language, but I could... I try to speak in my language but I couldnt......
Made story short

Aug 12, 2010
U really need the holy spirit in you...
I can tell you my experience on speaking tongues...
But I know u will not believe me. But I will
I was talking in,tongues, then I wanted to stop and pray in my language, but I could... I try to speak in my language but I couldnt......
Made story short
Thats sounds like a bad experience.

Are you israeli?

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
I was not talking about trial... Trials we have now, and tribulations... But I was talking about the Great tribulation and the gifts of the holy spirit that some people beleive were only for the apostles
Really? interpreted it differently. LOL such is life!!

D

DaivdM

Thats sounds like a bad experience.

Are you israeli?
Sure I go with what you say or what the bible really teaches?

It is not not a hard decision...
I will go with what the bible teaches better

Aug 12, 2010
Sure I go with what you say or what the bible really teaches?

It is not not a hard decision...
I will go with what the bible teaches better
bible doesnt teach gibberish.

D

DaivdM

bible doesnt teach gibberish.
U call it like that.. not the bible......
That is on u if u think is not the holy spirit....but I feel sorry for your believe