The Wet Paint Principle (Freedom from sin)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 8, 2022
I
If anyone is born of God they cannot sin (1 John 3:9); and sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).
As you believe you are born of God, congratulations for believing you are perfect in the flesh. Just remember Matt7:2

The measure you use to judge others will be used to judge you

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
As you believe you are born of God, congratulations for believing you are perfect in the flesh. Just remember Matt7:2

The measure you use to judge others will be used to judge you
I do not believe that I am perfect in the flesh.

I have indwelling sin (1 John 1:8).

However, I will say that ideally, the element of sin dwelling in us can be rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

For, we are not obligated to obey the flesh (Romans 8:12 (kjv, NLT); and this means that we can walk consistently, not after the flesh but after the Spirit, for an extended period of time; even for the rest of our lives (Luke 1:74-75).

And as for my judgment, I leave it to Jesus to do the judging.

For I do believe that the genuine believer is not under the law (Romans 6:14), is dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19), and is delivered from the law (Romans 7:6), as concerning condemnation.