The Word.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 ¶There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15 ¶John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
John 1

This witness is true.

C

CB

By saying "jesus is the word", are you saying that Jesus is the final proclamation of God's remedy for man's plight or that Jesus is literally a word or the word that is found on the printed pages within a book?

May 18, 2011
CB, Jesus is the Word MADE flesh, just like John 1:14 says. Shalom

C

CB

Word meaning the expression of God, not the bible?

Y

YoungServant

the word is Jesus, if you replace "the word"' with Jesus it will make sense

In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God.

R

Ramon

the word is Jesus, if you replace "the word"' with Jesus it will make sense

In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God.
Oh yes, and this offended many people back then. Like when Jesus said, ''Before Abraham was, I AM!

Y

YoungServant

why did it offend people, is it because they refuse to believe that Jesus was the son of God?

R

Ramon

why did it offend people, is it because they refuse to believe that Jesus was the son of God?
The people were carnal minded. They worshiped scriptures because it was more convenient for them, as they could interpret them any way they wanted. So what they really did was make idols in the image of God. And the proof that they did not know God was that they killed Jesus Christ. That is two laws they held in esteem that they openly broke, yet they wore their righteousness like robes. HYPOCRITES!

There is no possible way they could believe Jesus was the Son of God, nor was there any way they could know God. They loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. So they were mainly offended because they did not believe that God could come in the flesh. They didn't understand spiritual things. They were subject to emotions and physical appearances. They judged the outside and not the inside of a person. They worshiped tradition and not God.

They loved sacrifices more than mercy. So they would even STONE A WOMAN!!! Yes, they said the law permitted them to stone someone, but they never considered how many times they needed to be stoned. And Just as many Christians today do with Jesus, they use the name of Abraham, am man who was righteous, to justify their deeds, saying ''Abraham is our Father.'' But Jesus said to them that if Abraham was their father they would have done the works of Abraham. They had no faith, no righteousness, but wicked sinners in need of a savior like everyone else.

Their father was not Abraham nor God, but Satan, because they did the works of Satan in hypocrisy. If only they had searched for the knowledge of God in God and not in scriptures. If only they knew the Word when they heard HIM. But he came and the people did not know him, neither did they comprehend him, because they were in darkness. But lets not glory in their fall, but be cautious that we do not fall in the same manner.

May Jesus bless you.

May 18, 2011
CB, I believe Yeshua is both the expression of God and the physical Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. Shalom

R

Ramon

CB, I believe Yeshua is both the expression of God and the physical Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. Shalom
whoa!! lol. Haha. My friend, he is not the bible. I know what you mean, but he is not the bible though.

May Jesus bless you.