Then what...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

We talk alot about FINDING the right person, what about after you find them. Then what?

What type of relationship are you hoping for? What does love mean to you? What does a relationship mean to you? What does marriage mean to you?

G

goth4god

personally I didn't spend any time FINDING the right person.
I spent time praying that God would reveal the right person to me in His time. Then I went on with my life and He showed me the right guy.
The man that God gave me lives on the other side of the US.
despite the distance this is the closest I have ever been to another human.
I think because I have tried to keep a simple, biblical grasp on love God has blessed me with an amazing man!
(I don't want that last line to sound "holier than thou" or judgmental or anything)

What type of relationship are you hoping for?
A godly one.

What does love mean to you?
Love is God, God is love.
1 Corinthians 4-13 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

What does a relationship mean to you?
it means giving your all and sharing your heart and fears, as well as keeping God in the center and growing closer to Him as well as the other person.

What does marriage mean to you?
Marriage is the bond between a man and a woman blessed by God.

J

Jullianna

excellent post :)

Hommer

Feb 11, 2010
Then What???? Thats easy we spend the rest of our earthly days driving in the country and walking fields in search of old tractors..........what I am looking for...... is a nice Allis Chalmers 220 with duals or I would take a D-21 Series II.....................what would it mean to me........it would mean an awful lot to me I give up eating green beans if I could find either one of these tractors............

C

cassie20

I'm looking for a strong and lasting relationship that is built on God's Word.

True love to me would be having so much love and care for a person you would stick with you through the good times and bad. They won't give up on you when things become difficult.

I would say its a mutual feeling of attraction or likeness between two people.

Marriage is something that is a relationship between a man and a woman (Lev. 18:22, 1Cor 6:9-10). They become one and live a life according God's Will!

N

NukePooch

Then What???? Thats easy we spend the rest of our earthly days driving in the country and walking fields in search of old tractors..........what I am looking for...... is a nice Allis Chalmers 220 with duals or I would take a D-21 Series II.....................what would it mean to me........it would mean an awful lot to me I give up eating green beans if I could find either one of these tractors............
Hmmm...I've always been partial to the Green-n-Yellow variety myself...(tractors, not beans)

Attachments

N

NukePooch

Then what? I have no idea.
Having never been in a relationship or marriage, I can't think of what I'm supposed to want out of one. It's all a bit too...fanciful (?) to try and figure out what will come if/when I ever get married.

Hommer

Feb 11, 2010
Pooch,

That is an awesome pictures................a marriage built to last.......

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
We talk alot about FINDING the right person, what about after you find them. Then what?

Yesterday I caught the Tail end of a Movie called Donkey Xote it was a bad cartoon telling of Don Quixote but, it made up for all of its silly writing and Pixar Ripoffs at the very end of the movie.

He is searching for a mythical Beauty called Dulcinea.
"… her name is Dulcinea, her country El Toboso, a village of La Mancha, her rank must be at least that of a princess, since she is my queen and lady, and her beauty superhuman, since all the impossible and fanciful attributes of beauty which the poets apply to their ladies are verified in her; for her hairs are gold, her forehead Elysian fields, her eyebrows rainbows, her eyes suns, her cheeks roses, her lips coral, her teeth pearls, her neck alabaster, her bosom marble, her hands ivory, her fairness snow, and what modesty conceals from sight such, I think and imagine, as rational reflection can only extol, not compare." [Volume 1/Chapter XIII]
...Clearly he is mildly delusional but, love tends to do that to a person.

He has been deceived before by women, who have claimed to have a good heart but, he winds up running away from them because his convictions are true, In spite of all that they paint themselves to be.

In this movie in order to have a chance at winning her affection he must prove himself through a joust to be a Knight of Nobelist Character, who fights for truth and Justice and all that good Jazz. However, in the final joust of the tournament he is defeated and as the mysterious knight is standing above him with a foot on his chest, Don says, "I give up, I will go away now. I would rather choose to to not love at all, then to live with a love that is a lie." At which point, the mysterious knight reveals that she was the love he was looking for.

Anyways, It really kind of hit home for me because, it reminded me that the truth is worth every second of waiting and every effort expended to pursue it. Anything other than Love is not Love at all.

I don't know if that actually answered any questions and to further confuse the situation, click the YouTube Link ;)
YouTube - Nena Leuchtturm 2002 (german english subtitles)

J

Jullianna

"… her name is Dulcinea, her country El Toboso, a village of La Mancha, her rank must be at least that of a princess, since she is my queen and lady, and her beauty superhuman, since all the impossible and fanciful attributes of beauty which the poets apply to their ladies are verified in her; for her hairs are gold, her forehead Elysian fields, her eyebrows rainbows, her eyes suns, her cheeks roses, her lips coral, her teeth pearls, her neck alabaster, her bosom marble, her hands ivory, her fairness snow, and what modesty conceals from sight such, I think and imagine, as rational reflection can only extol, not compare." [Volume 1/Chapter XIII] First of all...*melt*

Reminds me of my favorite:

by Lord Byron

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o’er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o’er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

J

Jullianna

I suppose I should answer my own questions, huh? :) hmmmm...

My grandmother used to talk about finding your "split-apart". That's what I want. My other half. I don't mean in the way Tom Cruise said, "You complete me". I mean that I want to see in that person and who they are to me everything that I want to be for and to them. Relationships are tough. We shouldn't settle for less than that if we expect to go the distance.

What does love mean to you? Love is joy, sorrow, laughter, tears, jubilation, edification, strength, weakness, concern, confidence, work, sharing, struggling, dreaming, giving, accepting...and worth it all. It's caring for someone so much that you want the very best for them no matter the cost to you.

What does a relationship mean to you? Relationships are gifts people give to one another and they should be treasured as such.

What does marriage mean to you? The most precious commitment we ever make other than the one we make to Christ (which is actually also a marriage :) ). Being half of a whole bound together by God Himself.

Oh...and apparently tractors are involved :)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jullianna

I hope you meet the tractor of your dreams, Hommer :)

Hommer

Feb 11, 2010
......... Thanks Jules........

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

What type of relationship are you hoping for? What does love mean to you? What does a relationship mean to you? What does marriage mean to you?

Then i chain him to something so he wont run away!!!

J

Jullianna

LOL! We should probably keep shovels in our trunks like Nuke does so we can knock 'em out before we drag 'em home. Some of 'em can be a little fiesty!

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Shovels and Chains....

(Mental note: never actually meet ANY of these people, ever)

J

Jullianna

Don't knock it til you've tried it, Liamson. This is a pic of my most recent victim....errrr...boyfriend. We were perfectly happy til he gnawed free. :(

(He was really hot. You'll just have to take my word for that. Sorry I couldn't show his face on the Internet. Too risky) :)

[P.S. - And now we wait for the input from the person who reads this and takes it seriously :):):)]

Attachments

R

Renewedheart

Iv'e learnt to trust Jesus with this. And he will give it to me... I just need to wait. :D