Thinking about 2019

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
2019 has been quite the year. I find myself excited for what the Lord is going to do in 2020.

A new year can mean so many different things. It could be a fresh start to some and just another day for others.

In thinking about this past year, what are some of your take-aways? What have you learned about yourself, people, the Lord or society in general? Perhaps you learned a life lesson or even a new skill.

What season do you feel the Lord had you going through? Do you feel that is changing?

If you want, you can share how you feel your year went and what you hope stays the same or changes.

Thanks for sharing! God bless each of your lives in this New Year.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
I've met some great people that I wouldn't be able to otherwise,
traveled by road to my heart's content and visited a friend,
lot of reshaping/reminder of who I am and where my confidence lies,
and realizing/thankful for where I am because of God's love and grace.
I do feel something is changing, and God is good whether it's a brighter/darker 2020.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I've been reflecting a lot lately and finally feel like it's piecing together.

I have to say I have never felt so broken and alone than I have this past year. Praise God for that.

I truly am very blessed and have always been surrounded by such loving and supportive family and friends. This year brought about changes in every single one of the most important relationships in my life and it happened all about the same time.

I won’t lie, it was one of the most challenging things I have ever experienced. I have always been the strong one, the one that holds it together and always has it together in every situation, but this was a learning moment/season for me.

I’ve learned so much this year and I know it’s the Lord that has brought this about. It was all part of his plan and purpose for me.

I’ve learned that even our strongest and deepest relationships should not come before the Lord. We are not to put people above Him.

I’ve realized how ugly bitterness actually is and how it can destroy a person.

I’ve learned that forgiveness can be a silent thing.

I’ve learned that being happy, getting through your day and keeping positive doesn’t mean you can’t struggle with depression. It takes all shapes and forms.

I’ve learned and truly experienced on a deeper level, that the Lord is enough. Even when you have that deepest feeling of loneliness and lots pillow tears, He is there.

What I have found, is that through it all, the good and bad times this past year, my one constant is the Lord.

We go through things sometimes that are hard to understand, but we don’t have to understand to feel His love.

I’m thankful for the changes He has put in place. I pray for a season of healing. I pray that I will remember all that He has taught me and that those experience will continue to teach me. I am thankful for the new connections and relationships He’s blessed me with this year. I know it’s not something He had to do, so it makes it even sweeter that He chose to bring these truly special and unique friends into my life.