This is a trick question.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 14, 2012
Two people: One has been studying Gods word for many year, and can quote scripture from memory, yes even in Hebrew, and Greek. The other knows only one scripture, and is new to Gods word.
Which is closer to God? Take care, this is a trick question.

P

Powemm

Neither, as God is not a respecter of persons .. He who loves all, is not loved by all the same ..

P

Powemm

Neither, as God is not a respecter of persons .. He who loves all, is not loved by all the same . God is always closer to us than we are to Him

P

Powemm

Sorry I was trying to edit and instead posted twice

Mar 29, 2013
It would depend on the person really the guy who reads the bible all the time might not even be saved an the one knowing only one scripture might have a reltionship with god... because it dosent mattter whay you know or if you go to church or how well you practice your relgion becausr religion want save you a personal relationship with god is where salvation is fou d an if both where saved then i dont think ether one is closer than the other because everyone relationship with christ is diffrent..

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Two people: One has been studying Gods word for many year, and can quote scripture from memory, yes even in Hebrew, and Greek. The other knows only one scripture, and is new to Gods word.
I don't see any trick behind it. Being able to quote scriptures does not necessarily mean one is close to God. Satan can quote scriptures but is an adversary.

S

stek

unanwserable based on the information given.

Which one is saved if either? Both the expert and the newbie are equally lost and will suffer eternall damnation if not saved.

Studying the bible and memorizing the scripture does not make you closer to God. May appear to others that one has a closer relationship with God. Madelline Ohare new the scriptures extremely well but had no relationship with God. Was a self claimed atheist.

The one that truly seeks God's will and wisdom would be the one closer to God.

Based on the facts given to us we would be judging to make any determination since we dont know the heart of either.

Jan 24, 2013
In the use of scripture, the only seperation between an adversary and an advocate is the heart when applying it.

Oct 14, 2012
I can not answer the question. That is a truth. There is only one who can.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Psalm 139

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:24And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
1 Samuel 16

And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD'S anointed is before him. 7But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seethnot as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart. 8Then Jesse called Abinadab, and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, Neither hath the LORD chosen this. 9Then Jesse made Shammah to pass by. And he said, Neither hath the LORD chosen this. 10Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these. 11And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.
i could not answer it.

Elin

Banned
Jan 19, 2013
The one who is born again.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Since God is omnipresent they are equidistant from God. ROFL