(This is a true news story) New Orleans Archbishop condemns priest’s desecration of altar in ‘demonic’ sex act

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Yeah? Really?? Is that why it preaches the doctrine of Purgatory where people go after death to have their sins purged.. Where they pay a price for their sins.. A doctrine that encourages living people to pray for their dead loved ones so that they can get out of that place quicker...

The roman catholic doctrine of Purgatory is a doctrine that denies the sufficiency of the Atonement of the LORD Jesus to pay the penalty for a believers sins... A doctrine of demons push by the catholic religion.. Those who do not rely on the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ for all their sins will not be forgiven any of them..

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Yeah? Really?? Is that why it preaches the doctrine of Purgatory where people go after death to have their sins purged.. Where they pay a price for their sins.. A doctrine that encourages living people to pray for their dead loved ones so that they can get out of that place quicker...

The roman catholic doctrine of Purgatory is a doctrine that denies the sufficiency of the Atonement of the LORD Jesus to pay the penalty for a believers sins... A doctrine of demons push by the catholic religion.. Those who do not rely on the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ for all their sins will not be forgiven any of them..
Catholics know Jesus paid the price for the worlds sins on the cross.
Catholics also know what Purgatory is.
https://forums.catholic.com/t/if-jesus-paid-for-our-sins-then-why-is-there-a-purgatory/7025

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
https://forums.catholic.com/t/if-jesus-paid-for-our-sins-then-why-is-there-a-purgatory/7025
From your quoted website::
All who die in God’s grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.
This is again against the teachings of the Bible lets see when and how long it will take for God to perfect us..

The Bible says we will be perfected both in spirit and bodily..

1 Corinthians 15:
50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. {51} Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, {52} In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. {53} For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. {54} So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. {55} O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

And again How did Paul describe the living brethern of thessalonia?

1 Thessalonians 5
26 Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss. 27 I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren. 28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

And Peter declares the living Brethern Holy as well..

1 Peter 2
9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:"

They where already Holy.. They did not need to go through a purgatory purging because they where deemed Holy because they believed Jesus and trusted in the Atonement Jesus secured for their salvation..

Jan 27, 2015
As long as he's not married, it's a minor offense I suppose (obviously, I'm measuring it by the correct Christian standard, not the false Catholic standard). Just don't do that while married. And, don't do that intentionally. Always do your best to resist the temptation and marry first instead.

For the women, as long as they didn't touch each other, it's a minor offense too I suppose if they are not married. I didn't read the news or watch the video to protect myself from Satan's influence, so I don't know what transpired, and prefer to keep it that way. May God bless them with repentance and a holy matrimony before any future sex acts.

To be honest though, I think it's fake news!
Fornication is never a minor offense.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."

To top it all off, they deliberately committed this act on the altar. That takes extra audacity and disrespect for God. That's nothing to brush off as minor.

B

Blackpowderduelist

This is one sticky wicket.
I agree that the bishop did the right thing in condemning the action and removing and burning the alter.
However the idea that a piece of furniture is a Holy thing is a bit idolatrous.
But Roman Catholicism has a lot of idolatrous practice, and one practice that is blasphemous. Iconism is taken to idolatrous levels in the RC, and Papal primacy is borderline blasphemous.
Does this mean that a Roman Catholic can not be a Christian? No. But I would warm against the difficulty of remaining true in the light of such overt flouting of scripture.

L

lenna

As long as he's not married, it's a minor offense I suppose (obviously, I'm measuring it by the correct Christian standard, not the false Catholic standard). Just don't do that while married. And, don't do that intentionally. Always do your best to resist the temptation and marry first instead.

For the women, as long as they didn't touch each other, it's a minor offense too I suppose if they are not married. I didn't read the news or watch the video to protect myself from Satan's influence, so I don't know what transpired, and prefer to keep it that way. May God bless them with repentance and a holy matrimony before any future sex acts.

To be honest though, I think it's fake news!

L

lenna

This is one sticky wicket.
I agree that the bishop did the right thing in condemning the action and removing and burning the alter.
However the idea that a piece of furniture is a Holy thing is a bit idolatrous.
But Roman Catholicism has a lot of idolatrous practice, and one practice that is blasphemous. Iconism is taken to idolatrous levels in the RC, and Papal primacy is borderline blasphemous.
Does this mean that a Roman Catholic can not be a Christian? No. But I would warm against the difficulty of remaining true in the light of such overt flouting of scripture.
it's what the so called piece of furniture represents

L

lenna

Fornication is never a minor offense.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."

To top it all off, they deliberately committed this act on the altar. That takes extra audacity and disrespect for God. That's nothing to brush off as minor.

they knew what they were doing

women were seduced and the so called 'priest' persuaded by little voices in his head....demons

and notice I did not say people were possessed. people are persuaded by what they will be persuaded by and sin is conceived between the ears

B

Blackpowderduelist

They went there for the purpose of defiling something sacred, a Holy place. Their actions were indeed demonic and evil. Even though I'm disinclined to venerate objects, or places. However this is a space in which people worship God. So yes what they did was specifically evil beyond fornication.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Are you in the right thread as pertains the OP and your comments? As long as he's married?
Also, if you are in the right thread why not call the church and ask them if this happened or is fake news.
"...as pertains..."

I don't think that's correct English. Did you mean "...as it pertains..." or "...pertaining..."? Not sure I understand you.

"As long as he's married?"

I don't think you read my reply correctly (perhaps you got too emotional while reading it and over-reacted). My reply said "As long as he's not married,", which is the opposite of what you mentioned. As such, you were wrong. If you ever sense a negative meaning in one of my replies, know that I always have good intentions, so either I made a mistake in writing it, or you made a mistake in reading it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I never mind being corrected when I'm wrong.

"Also, if you are in the right thread why not call the church and ask them if this happened or is fake news."

It is better not to concern ourselves with Satan ignited matters, let alone the fact that God takes care of them anyways as long as we always take the yoke of Jesus Christ upon ourselves (just another way of saying: follow the commandments of Jesus Christ).

"if you are in the right thread "

Not sure if you correctly read or understood my reply since it definitely referred to the Catholic priest in the piece of news you linked to, meaning it was directly relevant to the thread.

Otherwise, I am not sure why you are being argumentative. Argumentativeness comes from the Devil. Always make an effort to avoid it, catching yourself if you find yourself in the middle of an argument, and steering the direction of the conversation towards agreement about Godly things.

Godspeed.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
"...as pertains..."

I don't think that's correct English. Did you mean "...as it pertains..." or "...pertaining..."? Not sure I understand you.

I don't think you read my reply correctly (perhaps you got too emotional while reading it and over-reacted). My reply said "As long as he's not married,", which is the opposite of what you mentioned. As such, you were wrong. If you ever sense a negative meaning in one of my replies, know that I always have good intentions, so either I made a mistake in writing it, or you made a mistake in reading it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I never mind being corrected when I'm wrong.

"Also, if you are in the right thread why not call the church and ask them if this happened or is fake news."

It is better not to concern ourselves with Satan ignited matters, let alone the fact that God takes care of them anyways as long as we always take the yoke of Jesus Christ upon ourselves (just another way of saying: follow the commandments of Jesus Christ).

Not sure if you correctly read or understood my reply since it definitely referred to the Catholic priest in the piece of news you linked to, meaning it was directly relevant to the thread.

Otherwise, I am not sure why you are being argumentative. Argumentativeness comes from the Devil. Always make an effort to avoid it, catching yourself if you find yourself in the middle of an argument, and steering the direction of the conversation towards agreement about Godly things.

Godspeed.
One more thing. I am not a Catholic. I am a Christian (LCMS Lutheran, but that doesn't matter. Only Christianity matters). As such, Catholics and Catholic news have no relevance to me whatsoever. I am not required by God to care about Catholics nor be responsible for them in any way since they do not follow a correct form of Christianity. So, any evil that befalls them is their own doing and responsibility.

I pray that God leads them to the correct path of Christianity though fully free of any godless satan-based influences, starting by abolishing the papacy and giving up all the wealth of the Vatican to the poor.

Godspeed.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
"...as pertains..."

Godspeed.
It is proper English.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
It is proper English.
The examples in the Merriam Webster dictionary disagree.

Examples of pertain in a Sentence
books pertaining to the country's history
the belief that quality medical care is a right that pertains to everyone

What you said was:

"Are you in the right thread as pertains the OP and your comments? As long as he's married?"

You forgot to add the "to"

I think the correct form is:

"Are you in the right thread as pertains to the OP and your comments? As long as he's married?"

Now, it is certainly more understandable. It's OK. It's only an honest mistake. I make mistakes like that all the time. I just apologize about them when I realize I made a mistake though. It's common courtesy and is expected by God for good treatment of others.

Godspeed.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020

Godspeed.
Grammar Nazi's are so much fun.
Argumentativeness comes from the Devil? That's absurd.
These words, when opining about the subject of this thread, immoral sexual perversion, comes from the Devil:"As long as he's not married, it's a minor offense I suppose (obviously, I'm measuring it by the correct Christian standard, not the false Catholic standard). "

Revelation 21:8
"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Grammar Nazi's are so much fun.
Argumentativeness comes from the Devil? That's absurd.
These words, when opining about the subject of this thread, immoral sexual perversion, comes from the Devil:"As long as he's not married, it's a minor offense I suppose (obviously, I'm measuring it by the correct Christian standard, not the false Catholic standard). "

Revelation 21:8
"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
Ok, I'm sorry. I was wrong. Fornication is perhaps not a minor offense, but most certainly not a sin major enough to be punishable by death like Adultery is. So, I guess it's a medium-level offense. Not the alarmist exaggeration catholics might want people to freak out about.

That said, if a priest commits fornication, then it is certainly a big offense regarding keeping his job. He must definitely be let go. I agree that much.

Godspeed.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Umm yeah sin is sin.

One could argue that there are "categories" of sin but sexual sin is a big deal whether you are married or not.
Scripture is pretty clear on that. A further distinction was made in Corinthians (somewhere though I can precisely reference if you'd like) about sexual sins being done against one's own body. So no, this action isn't relegated or less consequential* because of the marital status of any of these people and I'm surprised at that interpretation.

Grammar/syntax issues aren't very relevant if the meaning is clear and I don't find it productive to point it out unless someone is learning the language and even that to be judicious about.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Umm yeah sin is sin.

One could argue that there are "categories" of sin but sexual sin is a big deal whether you are married or not.
Scripture is pretty clear on that. A further distinction was made in Corinthians (somewhere though I can precisely reference if you'd like) about sexual sins being done against one's own body. So no, this action isn't relegated or less consequential* because of the marital status of any of these people and I'm surprised at that interpretation.

Grammar/syntax issues aren't very relevant if the meaning is clear and I don't find it productive to point it out unless someone is learning the language and even that to be judicious about.
Thanks for correcting me.

It’s not just an interpretation, it’s also a reiteration of what scripture says:

Leviticus 20:10 ESV

“If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.“

This is also true if the woman is a bethroned woman destined to be a wife, but not married yet:

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 ESV

“If there is a betrothed virgin, and a man meets her in the city and lies with her, then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city, and you shall stone them to death with stones, the young woman because she did not cry for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbor's wife. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.”

I didn’t find scripture anywhere in the Bible that said if both the man and woman were not bethroned or married, then they’d deserve death. Yet, they’d have to marry if the father approves or the man should pay up:

Exodus 22:16-17 ESV

“If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride-price for virgins.“

That’s why I deemed fornication a medium offense not the end of the world.

That said, thanks for mentioning the verses from Corinthians about sexual morality:

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 ESV

“Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.“

I will always keep them in mind in my actions, abstaining from sexual immorality. I pray that everyone does the same.

Godspeed.