This is my testimony.

  • Thread starter Thread starter murca
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

murca

Guest
I grew up in a Christian home. I went to Sunday school every Sunday; I grew up knowing God and that he is our Lord and Savior, but I never believed IN him. Life was good for me until one day I found out that my grandpa had cancer. That was a huge setback for my family and I. I kept on praying and praying to God saying “Please let him make it through this.” Grandpa never got better. One day I realized that he was not going to make it, so I prayed “God just let Grandpa make it until I see him again, so I can teach your word to him. We are going to see him in two days so let him last that much longer.” The following morning he died. I remember blaming God saying “If you love your children so much, why did you let one die before knowing you.” For about a year I blamed him and did some things that I wish I would have never done. This happened until I went to Super Summer. I talked to a girl that had the same struggles as I did, but she had overcome them. She told me about the grace that God has given her. Her words made me think. Hard. For the whole summer I was thinking of those words until early August 2013. I was sitting on my bed when it clicked. I have rebelled against God all of my life. I am a sinner. I prayed to God that night “God, my life is a huge mess. I thought I had a relationship with you, but I don’t. I want you to take my life. I want to give you my life and tell me what I need to do in the future. I want you to take control.” When I opened my eyes, everything that I saw was from a different perspective. Instead of walking with the crowed I now walk with Christ. My life took a huge U-turn. Instead of staying in the past I now look in the future. Yes, I still look back every once in a while. I was dead in my sins but, GOD’S GRACE SAVED ME! I still can’t get over that fact; I never will. Over the past 10 months, God has given me the best people in my life. Sometimes I still get side tracked from God, but these amazing people put me back on track. Being saved by God does not mean I am not a sinner anymore. I am still a sinner, but It means that I now have the characteristics of God. Everyone that has a relationship with God does. I get to spend ETERNAL LIFE with him, instead of eternal separation. ;)
 
WOW, MURCA, I MUST SAY I'M AMAED AT WHAT I READ FROM YOUR TESTIMONY. I WANT TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO KEEP SEEKING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST MY REASON FOR SAYING THAT IS BECAUSE WHEN YOU RECEIVE JESUS AS LORD AND SAVIOR AND YOU LIVE A SEPARATED LIFE FROM THE WORLD WE ARE NO LONGER A SINNER WE ACTUALLY BECOME A BORN AGAIN NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS THE BIBLE SAYS IN 2 CORTHIANS 5-17-Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. THERE ARE SO MANY MORE SCRIPTURES I CAN GIVE YOU TO SHOW YOU WE ARE NO LONGER A SIINER UNLESS WE CONTINUE IN SIN AND NEVER RECEIVE THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. I WANT TO SAY I'M GLAD YOUR NO LONGER ANGRY WITH GOD BOTH MY PARENTS ARE DEAD AND I NOW UNDERSTAND WE ALL HAVE AN DAY SET ASIDE WHEN OUR LIVES EXPIRE WEATHER WE GET IT RIGHT WITH GOD OR NOT. THERES SO MUCH I CAN SAY BUT I JUST FELT COMPELLED TO RESPOND TO YOUR TESTIMONY. KEEP LOOKING UP FOR OUR REDEMPTION DRAWETH NIGH.
 
This is similar to my testimony. I was a fake Christian until God convicted me with Romans 2 and I put my trust in Christ alone. Just thinking about that I am so happy that HE GAVE ME NEW LIFE!!!!! Christ is so wonderful and gracious I don't deserve Him!