T
tterr007
Guest
Well, I had a rude awakening this sunday. But before that let me give some history on the whole situation so it can really be understood.
I attend a small church about 30 to 40 members. The pastors daughters and wife tend to most of the actual church activities. The daughters take care of the worship and the music. The pastors wife is the mother of the church so naturally she takes care of ministering to the children and being a helpful and in the organization of activities.
The daughters after many years (their whole lives) decided that they did not want and couldn't minister under their father anymore. Now ,the mother is also a singer and a instrumentalist so natural she stepped in to help.
I've been going to this church since I was in elementary school. I've always had dreams of being able to sing with them and play instruments for the Lord, to become worship Leader or apart of the worship team.
I didn't like seeing the pastors wife doing it alone so Of COURSE I got my hands on piano and started learning so that I could help and pursue my dreams of being able to Lead worship on my own.
Everything was going great, me and the pastors wife got into our routine of calling and swapping ideas and I am at a level on the piano where I can actually play the songs and everyone knows them. Everything was going great or so I thought.
Yesterday, right after I finished playing a song the pastor interrupts me and asks me what song I was playing....(mind you) Ive already introduced the song and gave everyone the hymn number. He says he couldn't tell what song I was playing and that he didn't like it and asks his wife to play the song I just played again for the church.
I am utterly embarrassed and tears are bubbling in my eyes. I want to run off the stage and leave the church immediately.
But I stayed and sang the rest of the songs and rejected playing all together when the pastors wife insisted I did one song but after that I left the sanctuary to go cry in the bathroom and contemplate leaving.
I am not sure how to feel but , I do feel angry , embarrassed and hurt. I enjoy being used for the Lord but, sometimes I feel like he over looks me because of my age.
We recently had a break in and a lot of our musical equipment was stolen and The Lord put it in me to make sure that the church had microphones. which wasn't easy because I know nothing about audio equipment. Nevertheless, without anyone's help but Jesus The church now has 4 fully functional microphones and 2 amplifiers.
No one else in the congregation even tried to lend a hand. No one else asked how I was doing when I was lifting the heavy amplifiers.
My pastor never even acknowledge that one of his sheep has been working her butt off to make sure that the church has what it needs?
It definitely hurt my feelings and I have no idea how I am supposed to move on from here......
I feel like if I call him and explain to him how he made me feel he wont understand he will just treat me like some little kid not his sister in Christ.
I honestly don't know what to do.....
I attend a small church about 30 to 40 members. The pastors daughters and wife tend to most of the actual church activities. The daughters take care of the worship and the music. The pastors wife is the mother of the church so naturally she takes care of ministering to the children and being a helpful and in the organization of activities.
The daughters after many years (their whole lives) decided that they did not want and couldn't minister under their father anymore. Now ,the mother is also a singer and a instrumentalist so natural she stepped in to help.
I've been going to this church since I was in elementary school. I've always had dreams of being able to sing with them and play instruments for the Lord, to become worship Leader or apart of the worship team.
I didn't like seeing the pastors wife doing it alone so Of COURSE I got my hands on piano and started learning so that I could help and pursue my dreams of being able to Lead worship on my own.
Everything was going great, me and the pastors wife got into our routine of calling and swapping ideas and I am at a level on the piano where I can actually play the songs and everyone knows them. Everything was going great or so I thought.
Yesterday, right after I finished playing a song the pastor interrupts me and asks me what song I was playing....(mind you) Ive already introduced the song and gave everyone the hymn number. He says he couldn't tell what song I was playing and that he didn't like it and asks his wife to play the song I just played again for the church.
I am utterly embarrassed and tears are bubbling in my eyes. I want to run off the stage and leave the church immediately.
But I stayed and sang the rest of the songs and rejected playing all together when the pastors wife insisted I did one song but after that I left the sanctuary to go cry in the bathroom and contemplate leaving.
I am not sure how to feel but , I do feel angry , embarrassed and hurt. I enjoy being used for the Lord but, sometimes I feel like he over looks me because of my age.
We recently had a break in and a lot of our musical equipment was stolen and The Lord put it in me to make sure that the church had microphones. which wasn't easy because I know nothing about audio equipment. Nevertheless, without anyone's help but Jesus The church now has 4 fully functional microphones and 2 amplifiers.
No one else in the congregation even tried to lend a hand. No one else asked how I was doing when I was lifting the heavy amplifiers.
My pastor never even acknowledge that one of his sheep has been working her butt off to make sure that the church has what it needs?
It definitely hurt my feelings and I have no idea how I am supposed to move on from here......
I feel like if I call him and explain to him how he made me feel he wont understand he will just treat me like some little kid not his sister in Christ.
I honestly don't know what to do.....