Did you read my earlier blog "Help for Suicidal"? If not, click here to read it now: http://christianchat.com/blogs/kbond/4506-help-suicidal-part-2.html. If yes, have you taken a step toward getting help?
If so, congratulations! Take a moment now to resolve to fight for your life. This means fighting against suicidal thoughts as soon as they enter your mind. Tell yourself, "I want to live." Tell the Lord, "Give me life." Say to your thought, "I rebuke that thought."
Don't stop there! Take full control of every negative thought. Chase them all away so you can achieve joy and happiness. Focus on pure and noble and lovely thoughts as it says in Philippians 4:8. I think of open fields and setting suns. I think of people who have helped me in life. What is your pure and lovely thought?
In Galatians 5:17, the Bible tells us we our flesh wants what is contrary to the Spirit. However, we can yield to the Spirit and ignore the flesh. We can choose to take control of our thoughts. In Ephesians 6:12, we are made aware that we are at battle with evil spiritual forces. We can win if we fight back. Ready to fight?
Lord, Give us the strength to fight against every suicidal thought. Help us to yield to Your Holy Spirit and focus on what is pure and noble. Thank You, Jesus, that You are always near to us. In Christ's Name, Amen.