Thousands block NATO convoy route to protest US drone strikes in Pakistan

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Party workers from the PTI and the JI travelled to Peshawar from across Pakistan and an estimated 10,000 people participated in Saturday’s protests. The protesters shouted anti US slogans such as “Stop drone attacks” and “Down with America”.

http://rt.com/news/nato-pakistan-drone-protest-208/

US officials responsible for carrying out drone strikes may have to stand trial for war crimes, says a report by Amnesty International, which lists civilian casualties in the attacks in Pakistan. Human Rights Watch has issued similar report on Yemen.

The Amnesty International report is based on the investigation of the nine out of 45 drone strikes reported between January 2012 and August 2013 in North Waziristan, the area where the US drone campaign is most intensive. The research is centered on one particular case – that of 68-year-old Mamana Bibi, who was killed by a US drone last October while she was picking vegetables with her grandchildren.

The report, titled, “Will I be next?” cites the woman’s eight-year-old granddaughter, Nabeela, who was near when the attack occurred, but miraculously survived.

"First it whistled then I heard a "dhummm," Nabeela says. “The first hit us and the second my cousin.”

US may be guilty of war crimes over drone use – Amnesty Intl — RT News

Bring on the war crimes hearing. We will see how many "compassionate" Republican and Democrat party ghouls get cited.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
nobody cares drett.
it's "pakistan".

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
nobody cares drett.
it's "pakistan".
Oh yeah I keep forgetting that. I still remember the drone victims that turned up to give evidence and only 5 congress men bothered to turn up.

Pakistan drone victims give evidence in US - Americas - Al Jazeera English

Now when Malala visited it was a different story.

Malala Yousafzai, survivor of Taliban, visits U.S. - CBS News

They both deserved the attention but only one got it. Interesting that the US congressmen ignored the ones whose family they ripped apart. I guess not all lives are equal.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
nobody cares drett.
it's "pakistan".
Even if it's "only Pakistan" I'd be happy if most of the politicians in office hung, especially those attached to the Obama administration under which these drone strikes were carried out. It's high time we had a top official on trial. Feels like no matter how badly they screw up they're always beyond the reach of the courts. I remember there was an organization started that attempted to prosecute Bush Jr., and I supported their efforts and followed the news on it for some time. There were even some towns that banded together and promised to arrest Bush if he crossed into their jurisdiction.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
On a side note, I had seen this news recently and thought it odd that the US was launching drone strikes into Pakistan. But in the article I read there was no complaint from the Pakistani government listed. So I brushed it off as a joint operation. Perhaps my judgment was too hasty.

J

jimmydiggs

The more you know:

[video=youtube;e13DQUs_FDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e13DQUs_FDI[/video]

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
On a side note, I had seen this news recently and thought it odd that the US was launching drone strikes into Pakistan. But in the article I read there was no complaint from the Pakistani government listed. So I brushed it off as a joint operation. Perhaps my judgment was too hasty.
The reports I read have Pakistani government condemning them.

The Pakistan Government on Thursday expressed its anger after a US drone attack killed three suspected militants in the country’s north-western region.
A drone fired two missiles on a compound in Miramshah, the headquarters of North Waziristan tribal district near the Afghan border, security officials said.
Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry condemned the attack, saying such strikes were “a violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty.” “There is an across-the-board consensus that drone attacks must end,” the Ministry said in a statement.

Pakistan condemns US drone attack that kills three - The Hindu

Despite that the drone attacks continue.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
The reports I read have Pakistani government condemning them.

The Pakistan Government on Thursday expressed its anger after a US drone attack killed three suspected militants in the country’s north-western region.
A drone fired two missiles on a compound in Miramshah, the headquarters of North Waziristan tribal district near the Afghan border, security officials said.
Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry condemned the attack, saying such strikes were “a violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty.” “There is an across-the-board consensus that drone attacks must end,” the Ministry said in a statement.

Pakistan condemns US drone attack that kills three - The Hindu

Despite that the drone attacks continue.
Although from the perspective of the USA, Pakistan has long been known to harbor and/or support (sometimes secretly and sometimes not-so-secretly) terrorists that are antagonistic toward the USA such as the Taliban and Al-Qaeda. So that would make it a little harder for the "war crimes" charge to stick, since the US once declared open war on these groups and still fights with them today. So perhaps it could be construed as an "act of war" but not intentionally directed against the Pakistani government.