Threats and violence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SpoonJuly

I have noticed that there has been a lot of threats and violence directed at Trump, his cabinet, and family.
A state Rep. in Missouri said he should be assassinated.
There have been several very vocal anti-Trump posters on this forum also saying some very nasty things.
What are your thought on this--condemn it or applaud it.
Should a person claim to be a Christian and do such things?

I am registered as an Independent and did not vote for any candidate in the last presidential election but find this conduct very un-American , disgusting and very un-Christian.

G

Greeneyedwriter

That certainly makes two of us - registered Independent, didn't vote for Trump but concerned for the vitriol. As much as I disapprove of some of his behavior, he has done at least SOME of what he said he would. In any case, I would cite Romans 13 (which I admit I had to Google)...

1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
That's a good question. I have to make sure I'm not holding to a double-standard. I started viewing Obama in a not-my-president kind of way towards the end, so I can't blame people for feeling that way about someone else. I remember some people on the right saying Obama might be The Beast, so I can't blame people on the left for pondering that either.
...But I don't think we were this bad. It's crazy.

In any case, I would cite Romans 13
Others have already posited my own questions concerning these verses in a recent thread.

P

pjharrison

I have noticed that there has been a lot of threats and violence directed at Trump, his cabinet, and family.
A state Rep. in Missouri said he should be assassinated.
There have been several very vocal anti-Trump posters on this forum also saying some very nasty things.
What are your thought on this--condemn it or applaud it.
Should a person claim to be a Christian and do such things?

I am registered as an Independent and did not vote for any candidate in the last presidential election but find this conduct very un-American , disgusting and very un-Christian.
They did it to Clinton, I don't think Bush got it that bad, but they really did it to Obama. What do you think about that?
I have never voted for any president. Trump lies, he says ugly things about people, he contradicts himself all the time. He is involved in a cover up. He's been accused of inappropriate conduct. I could think of some other things. All that he is, is against Christian righteousness.

S

SpoonJuly

They did it to Clinton, I don't think Bush got it that bad, but they really did it to Obama. What do you think about that?
I have never voted for any president. Trump lies, he says ugly things about people, he contradicts himself all the time. He is involved in a cover up. He's been accused of inappropriate conduct. I could think of some other things. All that he is, is against Christian righteousness.
Yes, such was done against Clinton, Bush, and Obama. I find that disgusting also.
But it seem to be much more toward Trump.
All these men were elected by the system set up by the founding fathers and has served us well.
We need to accept that and move on.
If you do not want him as president, start working now for a new president in 2020.
As far as he being involved in a coverup, I will wait for proof.
He has been accused of many things, but as of today, no proof.
I am not defending him, but refuse to believe accusations until proof is there.
I did the same with Obama and I voted against him twice.

P

pjharrison

Yes, such was done against Clinton, Bush, and Obama. I find that disgusting also.
But it seem to be much more toward Trump.
All these men were elected by the system set up by the founding fathers and has served us well.
We need to accept that and move on.
If you do not want him as president, start working now for a new president in 2020.
As far as he being involved in a coverup, I will wait for proof.
He has been accused of many things, but as of today, no proof.
I am not defending him, but refuse to believe accusations until proof is there.
I did the same with Obama and I voted against him twice.
I don't care who the president is. This one lie all the time. He says he meant to say wouldn't instead of would. Lies like that.