time alone

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Who does your life parrell from the Bible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

dork4god

I have been single for a year and a half and have been celibate for over two and half years both my decision so that I can work on myself and my relationship with God. The comments of family, coworkers, and the world standards come against me and mock me for my choice. I want more for myself and believe God will send me my husband. It just really sucks being alone for so long. I pray that I don't get differed hope and break. No one else seems to understand what I am going through, except my Pastor. I want...I desire to be happy and come to realize that I have to be alone "for a time" and live my life in obedience to God's will and i will, one day, receive my heart's desire.

Am I alone in my feelings?

B

Brandon777

Of course not! Even if I had said you were alone in your feelings, you have the Word of the Living God backing you up. Fornication is a sin and you are a light shining to the world as Christ commands. By doing this you are loving God and fulfilling the laws of Love that God set up for us to know Him intimately.

I have prayed for you to receive the right man when the time is ready.

P

PammyPie147

Thanks for sharing your feelings on this! I definitely don't think you are alone. Almost everyone hopes to find "the one" eventually, and in our society, there is a lot of pressure to do so. But we forget that God's plan isn't the same for everyone. Some are to get married, others aren't. Some get married in their teens, others in their 20s, 30s, 40s, etc. We have to submit to God's plan for our lives first and foremost. I think that definitely helps with not feeling so alone and forgotten by God. If someone has prayed and truly feels that God's plan is for them to be married, then we have to trust that God will fulfill that plan and our desire. I think being single is really hard, but is also a huge blessing. It is a time where one can become closer to God, grow spiritually, and figure out who they are and what God's plans are. Sure we do all of this in a relationship, too, but there is something unique about being single. We have to be grateful for every season in our lives :D God surely knows what He is doing! I encourage you to continue with the choices you have made, no matter what others think or say. It is God that matters most, and it seems like you are following His plan for your life :D

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
King Saul

Esau

Samson

N

nlylin

wow!thats jus wat i feel here ...i cant add any expression to wat u have said ..its absolutely true its guwd to knw that someone shares my feeling ..Gods time is the best ''

Aug 2, 2009
I have been single for a year and a half and have been celibate for over two and half years both my decision so that I can work on myself and my relationship with God. The comments of family, coworkers, and the world standards come against me and mock me for my choice. I want more for myself and believe God will send me my husband. It just really sucks being alone for so long. I pray that I don't get differed hope and break. No one else seems to understand what I am going through, except my Pastor. I want...I desire to be happy and come to realize that I have to be alone "for a time" and live my life in obedience to God's will and i will, one day, receive my heart's desire.

Am I alone in my feelings?
Yes keep doing what you're doing, but always keep an eye open for that special man who might come walking into your life at any moment. You don't want to end up missing him or pushing him away because you wanted to focus on yourself.

L

Liz01

No youre not, many ppl feel this way, but its not a easy choice because the "moral" of the society say a completely different thing that bible about how we should live our life, there are a lot of things that the world say that you should do but the bible say that you shouldnt, so its very hard.
But i think too that when we really love God we want to please Him then He gives us the strength to do his will not matter what other ppl say.