Time spent with God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
This thread is to talk about how very important it is to spend personal quality time with God. for whatever reasons be it work, be it house cleaning be it chaotic schedules lots of ppl don't spend the time with God that they need. How is it that you think we become strong in faith? how is it do you think we gain spiritual wisdom and insight? how is it do you think we truly get to know who he is? how is it do you think we create a deep loving relationship with him? God has to be our number one in life and it seems demanding but trust me its for your own good.

I spend lots and lots of time with him, I found that there is a difference with feeling close to him and simply spending time with him. sure feeling close to him is great but when you put everything down be that t.v. be that youtube videos be that cleaning and simply go to your quite place and be with him and pray to him you connect to him in a deeper and different level than simply feeling close to him. even Jesus himself went to be by himself simply to be and talk with the father. everyones way of being with him is different and works differently. for me he and I will go on a walk or simply lay in the dark and be with each other. both of these have different affects with me and him but they both allow us to grow and know each other greatly.

Yes we sometimes have very tight schedules but I have always said if you love something enough you make time for it.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
My walk changed when I set a dedicated time to focus on Yahweh. First difference I noticed is I realized many on the conversations I had were about nothing of value, then I started realizing the majority of my friends we leading me away, and that is when I really started to grasp Scripture, because I had the daily time to spend in it, the distractions were being removed. As the years have passed this time has become a call back to Yahweh and His principles, a centering, a remembrance on all things Yah!