Tired of Sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2018
Please help me won't you let me in?
I'm hungry and thirsty and tired of Sin.

What is that under your arm?
A bag of gold and a telephone?

There's room for you here but not as you are.
Go repent your sins and feed the poor.

Repent I have, it's absolutely true.
Listen while I repent to you.

You'll know when you have repented.
You'll bear the weight of the cross.
Three days the suffering will last.
Then will come the Holy Ghost.

Milee777

Dec 24, 2018
the last para is really making me very interested in what u hav posted. am curious...
nice one

Sep 3, 2018
the last para is really making me very interested in what u hav posted. am curious...
nice one
Thanks. The poem is based on my own experience and a recent reading of the Gospel of John. If you read from where Jesus prevents the stoning of the woman onward. I could relate to the need for Jesus to send the Holy Ghost/Comforter.

In brief, my personal experience was:

- Had previously attempted to repent and, in hindsight, hadn't really repented.

- One night I prayed to Jesus to help me understand the Old Testament. I thought something wasn't 'right', but couldn't make sense of it. It was nagging me for upwards of 30 years and I wanted to know the truth of it. The thing that I was misinterpreting was the big picture, meaning it wasn't the details.

- Soon after, I started reading Exodus again and it was crystal clear. It was meant to be clear when it was written. The stumbling block for me was what I was told to believe. Took decades to get passed it.

- I was immediately floored. Literally felt like a massive weight on my shoulders. I started repenting, not that I had planned to at all, it just happened. I hardly ever cry, but I was crying off and on for days. The huge weight was there the whole time. When I was repenting it wasn't just for my personal sins. It was for more than that, but it's hard to find the words.

- Then after a few days or so, it was all lifted off my shoulders and I recieved even more clarity and I was comforted.

I hope nobody thinks that I'm implying that if you haven't had a similar experience then you haven't repented. Maybe there is a reason I had to suffer for days and others don't have to. I don't know.

Hopefully my story is useful to you in some way :)

Sep 3, 2018
Was making a cup of tea and I recalled what else I was repenting. It was what was done to Jesus when he loved everyone. I'd known for a long time, but it really hit home at the time.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Very well written. Thanks for sharing, Devoiler. May God bless and guide you.