To be completely honest,

• Thread starter heartbrokenandhoping
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

heartbrokenandhoping

I'm starting to lose faith that God even exists. After praying for half a year straight many times a day to be healed from this heartbreak and just feeling worse everyday, it's begun to feel like none of this is even real. Like I'm just talking to a wall when I pray. Its the saddest feeling ever.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Sending hugs and love your way Sister... -*-*-<3 Unfortunately, wound healing, although I do not know what exactly you have experienced, sometimes takes time...! The only thing able to speed it up is honest trust in God that He is able to fix anything and turn it into good... that changes our perspective on things. He really is able... I pray He strenghtens your faith and that you can feel Him more in your life! amen in Jesus' name.
You have to have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside or the depression crawls back in. (Luke 11:24-26)
What may help you is praise...
Psalms 22:3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel!
God tells us that He lives in our praises... whenever you praise God, your words are saturated with His living presence. And demons cannot listen to it... it is to them like nail on the chalkboard...! It really helps with sadness it healed me of mood swings. Fill yourself up with the Holy Spirit sister... OUR FATHER promises us to give His Spirit richly to all who ask Him... Try to read Psalms aloud that is the most anointed book of the Bible and it has such power because it is filled with praise. Praying you are comforted in Jesus quickly... amen

Feb 16, 2014
I can't help revive your faith in God, being a nonbeliever myself. But if you need someone to talk to about your feelings of heartache and loneliness, I'll lend you my ear and offer what support I can.

A

Altron123

I used to go through that, but now I'm forced to believe in God.
All creation testifies to an intelligent designer.
Imagine this: You're walking through town, and suddenly you see a building that captures your interest. It's very beautiful, it seems to have a dark red and dark green color scheme. Very old style.
Now, how did the building get here? You'd answer "a builder built it". You'd be right. Have you met the builder? Touched him, saw him, smelled him? No? Yet, the building is here. There was a builder.

And you can go on further than that! You can tell some facts about the builder too! For example, we know the builder has a particular like for dark red and green.

My point in saying all this is that the creation testifies to our intelligent creator. Not only is it ridiculous that all of it came by its own chance, but it has such obvious meaning.

The creation testifies to the Creator.
I hope that helps, I can share more if you want to message me.

Aug 30, 2014
I went through the same thing. As Percepi said, I can't help you regain faith either, but I am here if you want someone to talk to who knows what you are feeling. One word of support I can give is that whichever way you eventually lean, it will get easier. I wish you the best. It's not a good feeling, being where you are now.