To Find a Job

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 4, 2012
I need to find a job and I know its tough out there, however, I'm sure I could find one if I just found the heart to do so. Life has been hard lately and it is even harder when living out on almost nothing at all. Recently I've been given no choice but to borrow money from my parents to solve my debt problem... Now I'm just looking for some encouragement, anything, to continue on in life.

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
it's true, finding a job is not easy, but don't worry, trust God that He will give you a job...Pray, and believe what you prayed for without a doubt

as the passage says:

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

God bless

P

psychomom

Hi, Keith! :)
Welcome to CC. I'm so glad you found us!
I took a peek at your profile to see where in the vast and beautiful land of Canada you're from. I was raised just a few hours from the border, back when no passports were needed to go between our nations. (IKR? I guess it really was a simpler time. :( ) So I did just enough travel there to learn Canadians are lovely, kind people. Really, really nice! lol
Anyway, I see you love music. I do, too, and my collection is quite eclectic, as I'd bet yours is too. I'm going to ruin what little rep I have here and say how much I enjoy the sound of rockabilly! ;)

I will surely pray for you to find a job, dear child. :)
But the thing I offer you for encouragement is that the God of all creation became a man, lived as we do, suffered like we do, and died a perfect man to pay the penalty due for our sins. You see, in God's ecomony, the price (wages) for sin is death. But the infinite Master of all things didn't want those deaths to be ours...He wanted us to be able to be with Him. So He died in our place, because of His great love for us! ♥
If that thought doesn't lift your spirits a little, I can't think of anything that would. :)

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God!

God looked at Jesus on the cross and punished Him as if He had lived my life.
And now He treats me as if I live Jesus' life! ♥ (brief sort of paraphrase of that verse)
Once we belong to the Lord, our problems don't disappear, but He will carry our burdens, and love us through any difficult times.

I pray you will consider that. I feel for your whole generation...you've all been manipulated for someone else's gain, and have been lied to, and now you get to be blamed by your manipulators! :(
No one has offered you wholesale hope. (I get a little angry if I think about that too long) But I tell you, Jesus offers you hope, and it won't cost you--He already paid for it. God loves you, honey. We all love you, too.
Meanwhile, I have talked to the Lord about you, and I hope you'll take a look around the site. There's a singles room, and a music room, and a young adult's room, and oh! yeah...live chat--I always forget about that! lol
Make yourself at home. Meet some people. You'll probably meet folks your age going through the same stuff, and you can all commisserate with each other. ;)

with a mother's love,
ellie
oh--some words spoken by Jesus--
However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them. (John 6:37 NLT)

W

wwjd_kilden

Hi Keith.

I know it's hard to get a job, and it is scary when it feels like it's the only way to keep oneself from ruin, but remember that God knows your needs. Times will be difficult, maybe even bad at times, but He will be there for you

Matthew 6:25-34

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

A

AngelFlower

I need to find a job and I know its tough out there, however, I'm sure I could find one if I just found the heart to do so. Life has been hard lately and it is even harder when living out on almost nothing at all. Recently I've been given no choice but to borrow money from my parents to solve my debt problem... Now I'm just looking for some encouragement, anything, to continue on in life.
Lord God I come before you in Behalf of my Christ Brother Keith Lord, I ask that you reach inside where he is hurting the most and put Joy into his Life Lord and Lord i ask that you find this lovely Guy a Job that you want him to have Lord and I ask that you touch this manager Lord and speak to this person in a way where ever this job is for him Lord let him get this job or an interview Lord and get hired in in JESUS NAME AMEN

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you in Jesus, for the perfect job, and that during this time you will grow closer to Him, ansd that Jesus will delight you with His love and presance in your life.

God bless:)
pickles

S

shekaniah

Welcome to CC!
You found a great place for prayer and the love of Jesus!
I will pray for you as God leads me...
God Bless, Shekaniah