"To him be glory both now and forever."

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Senior Member
Feb 12, 2009
8,345
2,159
113
United Kingdom
"To him be glory both now and forever." 2 Peter 3:18


Heaven will be full of the ceaseless praises of Jesus. Eternity! thine unnumbered years shall speed their everlasting course, but forever and forever, "to him be glory." Is he not a "Priest forever after the order of Melchizedek?" "

To him be glory." Is he not king forever?--King of kings and Lord of lords, the everlasting Father? "To him be glory forever." Never shall his praises cease. That which was bought with blood deserves to last while immortality endures. The glory of the cross must never be eclipsed; the lustre of the grave and of the resurrection must never be dimmed. O Jesus! thou shalt be praised forever.

Long as immortal spirits live--long as the Father's throne endures--forever, forever, unto thee shall be glory. Believer, you are anticipating the time when you shall join the saints above in ascribing all glory to Jesus; but are you glorifying him now? The apostle's words are, "To him be glory both now and forever."

Will you not this day make it your prayer? "Lord, help me to glorify thee; I am poor; help me to glorify thee by contentment; I am sick; help me to give thee honour by patience; I have talents; help me to extol thee by spending them for thee; I have time; Lord, help me to redeem it, that I may serve thee; I have a heart to feel; Lord, let that heart feel no love but thine, and glow with no flame but affection for thee; I have a head to think; Lord, help me to think of thee and for thee; thou hast put me in this world for something; Lord, show me what that is, and help me to work out my life-purpose: I cannot do much; but as the widow put in her two mites, which were all her living, so, Lord, I cast my time and eternity too into thy treasury; I am all thine; take me, and enable me to glorify thee now, in all that I say, in all that I do, and with all that I have."


CH Spurgeon (Morning and evening)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Blackpowderduelist
  1. Oh, I praise the Lord who bought me, hallelujah!
    I’m a happy pilgrim bound for glory land;
    I am singing, and I hope to sing forever,
    When before His throne eternal I shall stand.
    • Refrain:
      I will praise Him, hallelujah!
      I will praise Him more and more:
      If I had ten thousand lives in which to praise Him
      I could not enough my blessed Lord adore.
  2. I will praise Him for salvation, hallelujah!
    Richest treasure human spirits ever found;
    Once I wandered far away, was sad and lonely,
    But I’m dwelling now where pleasures e’er abound.
  3. Oh, I’ll never cease to praise Him, hallelujah!
    For He gives me peace abounding every day;
    He redeemed me from my sins and fully cleansed me,
    And I find His service sweeter all the way.
  4. I will praise the name of Jesus, hallelujah!
    I will praise Him for His mercies unto me;
    Then I’ll praise Him with the angels in the morning,
    When the face of my dear Savior I shall see.
  5. Oh, I praise Him for the strength He daily gives me,
    I am running now to gain that heav’nly prize;
    Soon with joy I’ll reach the goal of life immortal,
    And go sweeping through the gates of paradise.

I Will Praise Him, Hallelujah! > Lyrics | Daniel O. Teasley
 
  • Like
Reactions: phil36