To Prank or not to Prank

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 14, 2013
Should Christians play pranks?

It is usually frowned upon if christians do pranks at a church camp. If you must do a prank, you should do something very minor one and out of church camps, some have said . Also some say pranks are forbidden .
I am sure you could recall being paste with toothpatse or you pasteting some one etc . I am sure everyone know about the time call April fool
How did you feel as the victim or as the instigator.

Please this is not an argument of who is right or wrong . But just an exchange of ideas to open each others eye to the reality as a christian living in this world.

Thanks and God bless

K

Kerry

Didn't God give us laughter? Also, He pranked us more than anyone, you ever passed gas at church. I mean loud and stanky. Thank you for that Lord. But, don't be cruel with your pranks. Amen.

May 15, 2013
Should Christians play pranks?

It is usually frowned upon if christians do pranks at a church camp. If you must do a prank, you should do something very minor one and out of church camps, some have said . Also some say pranks are forbidden .
I am sure you could recall being paste with toothpatse or you pasteting some one etc . I am sure everyone know about the time call April fool
How did you feel as the victim or as the instigator.

Please this is not an argument of who is right or wrong . But just an exchange of ideas to open each others eye to the reality as a christian living in this world.

Thanks and God bless

1 Kings 3:24 Then the king said, “Bring me a sword.” So they brought a sword for the king. 25 He then gave an order: “Cut the living child in two and give half to one and half to the other.”26 The woman whose son was alive was deeply moved out of love for her son and said to the king, “Please, my lord, give her the living baby! Don’t kill him!”
But the other said, “Neither I nor you shall have him. Cut him in two!”
27 Then the king gave his ruling: “Give the living baby to the first woman. Do not kill him; she is his mother.”

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I say that pranks are okay as long as they aren't dangerous, demeaning or hurtful. As Christians, we must be careful to keep others from feeling picked on or not welcome, so as long as the prank isn't ostracizing someone, I think it's okay.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Should only be done to those you know really really really well,, otherrwise you can blow your witness as a christian.

Oct 14, 2013
How will you determine what is dangerous and not ? for example a prank may not hurt someone physically but emotionally etc

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Simply put: common sense. I wouldn't prank someone you don't know well. If you prank someone you don't know well, someone you're not in a friendship with, you can't possibly know what hurts them and what doesn't. Even then, it's a fine line. I would say if it is questionable, better to not do it. The one prank I pulled most was toilet papering cars. Harmless...but then I decided one time to write on their windows with the window chalk and one of them became very angry about it, so lesson learned.

K

Kerry

You mean don't jank on the kid with fours eyes and dumbo ears and teeth so buck that he could snatch bark off a tree.

I agree with that cause that was me ( not). It is wrong to prank on looks. I learned that first hand. In High school there was a girl that I just described above and about five years after grad. I ran into her at a mall. Needless to say I was amazed at how good looking she was. You never know.

But I see no harm in putting shaving cream in your freinds hand while he is asleep and tickling his ear.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Perhaps a distinction between pranks with malicious intent and those for innocent fun need to be made...and all the gray area between.

G

GRA

Ephesians 5:

1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. 3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Look up the Strongs definition...

A good indicator of "where the line should be drawn"...?

:)

B

BeanieD

Sorry gra, but I am sure that funnin around is no problem. As long as it isn't hurtful to anyone, emotionally, or physically.

Oct 14, 2013
hMMMM DO ANY CHRISTIAN ON CC CURRENTLY PRANK ANYONE AND WHY ? BECAUSE SOME SAY IT IS WRONG

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I don't prank anyone anymore. I was in my twenties when I used to prank and a Christian. :)