To the elderly: How to stay strong, young people also

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
I just came from the physical therapist. I have an 89 year old body that recently had to stay in bed with a broken pelvis that has about recovered, but left my body weaker. Here is the miracle (seems to me) cure for making it strong again.

This is what the therapist told me to do. First, he had me locate the major core muscle.To do that he had me put the palms of my hands on each side of my stomach and press in on my stomach firmly with my fingers. This muscle is just under the stomach and the fingers guide you to it so you can feel when it tightens.

After you locate this muscle, it is simple to be sure you use it for everything you do. First, I was to tighten it for the count of ten, then relax it for a count of ten. Next, to do simple exercises being sure that this muscle helped with the exercise.

When you see the elderly walk bent over, or the elderly become weak, you know that they are not using this core muscle as they walk and work. It is simply a bad habit and easy to retrain the mind to involve this muscle in all they do.