to the prophets here, whom do we serve?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hearer

do we serve
1) an angry god by nature
2) a god who is angry in general most times
3) a God of love who has been angry with us in sepcific times
4) A God angry with you sometimes (maybe in the past) and who now you think is angry with everyone
5) a God angry with his church(es) today

is the job of a modern prophet to teach the scriptures discerned rightfully for a God of love or to proclaim doom and gloom?

i believe the message of today is to be faithful, generous and loving. To not be faithful to all and to not be generous and not be loving is to be deceitful about one's religion. And not honouring the Lord fully (fearing him) will bring a curse. Being careless with your loyalties too will bring God's anger.

Malachi Ch 1
14 Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord. For I am a great king, says the LORD Almighty, and my name is to be feared among the nations.

Malachi Ch 2
For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, and from his mouth men should seek instruction— because he is the messenger of the LORD Almighty.
8 But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble

13 Another thing you do: You flood the LORD's altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer pays attention to your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands.
14 You ask, Why? It is because the LORD is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.

Malachi Ch 3
9 You are under a curse— the whole nation of you— because you are robbing me.
10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the LORD Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

But

16 Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the LORD and honoured his name.
17 They will be mine, says the LORD Almighty, in the day when I make up my treasured possession. I will spare them

annd

Malachi Ch 4
2 But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.

Feb 16, 2011
I think prophets can preach either way.

Jude 1:22-23 And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

I believe that God is Love.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

I believe God is angry about disobedience.

Colossians 3:5-6 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolary: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

H

Hearer

Jude 1:22-23 And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Colossians 3:5-6 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolary: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
I think both are true. God does get angry about specific things, yet he still loves us because he has chosen us to be a royal priesthood.

But we make him angry by leading ourselves and others astray; by not tithing, by not working hard for the kingdom and by not being faithful to our spouses and to God.

God however will reward our fear and respect for the Father, even though we can approach the throne with confidence through Jesus our mediator (Hebrews).

zone

Jun 13, 2010
IS THIS BIBLICAL???
ANYONE???

....the prophets of today will follow Jesus and not supercede him they will unfortunately have to be here like John the Baptist in reverse to make the way of Jesus smooth again.

They will get the people ready in their heart for the second advent because unless the world is baptised properly by the Holy Spirit they will not be able to follow Jesus through the narrow gate.

In order to follow Jesus they must hear his voice and repent and the prophets are just here to point at Jesus.

Many like you will quickly go for baptism to someone like John because your heart is ready. But there will be those who examine John and test him and ask where he gets his authority from.

They will no doubt be very knowledeabe about the scriptures.
do we serve
4) A God angry with you sometimes (maybe in the past) and who now you think is angry with everyone

is the job of a modern prophet to teach the scriptures discerned rightfully for a God of love or to proclaim doom and gloom?

i believe the message of today is to be faithful, generous and loving. To not be faithful to all and to not be generous and not be loving is to be deceitful about one's religion. And not honouring the Lord fully (fearing him) will bring a curse. Being careless with your loyalties too will bring God's anger.

Malachi Ch 1
14 Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord. For I am a great king, says the LORD Almighty, and my name is to be feared among the nations.

Malachi Ch 2
For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, and from his mouth men should seek instruction— because he is the messenger of the LORD Almighty.
8 But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble

13 Another thing you do: You flood the LORD's altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer pays attention to your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands.
14 You ask, Why? It is because the LORD is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.

Malachi Ch 3
10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the LORD Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

But

16 Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the LORD and honoured his name.
17 They will be mine, says the LORD Almighty, in the day when I make up my treasured possession. I will spare them

annd

Malachi Ch 4
2 But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.
for the life of me i do not understand how this is TOLERATED.

A

AnandaHya

IS THIS BIBLICAL???
ANYONE???
hmmm yep lookie I found Jesus talking about it....

Luke 21:8
And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them.

want some waiting music?

‪Alan Jackson - When We All Get To Heaven‬‏ - YouTube

the Spirit of Prophecy points to the testimony of Jesus Christ as Lord and savior through the remission of sins upon the cross and His resurrection and ascension. If someone claims to come in His name and do not bear that gospel then you should pray that God saves their soul from damnation.... I guess I'll go back and read these "words" sigh...

A

AnandaHya

do we serve

None of the above I serve God Almighty who is beyond human words or comprehension.

The JOB of any prophet is to deliver the message God has given them, and to remain silent if no message has been given. all prophecy should give testimony to Jesus Christ and lead people to godly sorrow, repentance and confession and belief of Jesus unto salvation pointing them back to the a right relationship with GOD.

The message is to be faithful to GOD. generous and loving to all as GOD is and does for the world...I don't know what you mean when you use the word religion and place it next to God because I have a relationship with God not a religion....Honouring God is more about Love and not just fear unless you have transgressed His laws...your loyalties should be only to GOD and God will direct your paths and place burdens and responsiblities and entrust you with His most precious things: the lives of your brethren around you.

Malachi Ch 1

Jesus fulfilled the sacrifice laws and made them void see NT

Malachi Ch 2

Jesus is the only One True Teacher and eternal High Priest, again see NT

13 Another thing you do: You flood the LORD's altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer pays attention to your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands. thank God we have Jesus

Malachi Ch 3

But

annd

Malachi Ch 4
ok lets continue past the tutoring of the Law and start preaching the gospel please?

Romans 10:8-11
New King James Version (NKJV)
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”[a](that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”[b

Matthew 23:6-11
6 They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, 7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ 8 But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ,[a] and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. 11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Hebrews 4:14-16
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Feb 16, 2011
IS THIS BIBLICAL???
ANYONE???

for the life of me i do not understand how this is TOLERATED.
What do you mean is it Biblical? I really want to know what you mean. I don't know which part of the quote you thought was not Biblical; most of it is Scripture.

A

Abiding

You ask if its biblical to" prophecy" that God wants us to tythe? Rather than live in the gracefilled power of giving as our spiritfilled hearts propose?
without the thought of necessity or ingratitude? In which He said He loves?

You ask If its biblical to say you are called to teach the scriptures rightfully, and then you dont even know which covenant you in.? hmmm

Did he really just say we lead ourselves and others astray by not tything? These cheap reading glasses arnt woth the 2 bucks i paid.

Was he saying we need to hear Jesus voice? or his voice? What does it mean for the "world" to be" properly babtised" by the Holyspirit"? Did
The Holyspirit have an off day, and there has been a recall? :)

He must have dropped out of the minister-of -light school before the semester was over...than was shameful for even a bad falseprophet.

Really looks like a job they take to place themselves between the believer and his Lord.....and with threats of fear and threats of cursings they say" listen to me" little one ill be the HolySpirit for you.

Cute quip at the end for the ones that will not accept them...those
intollerable people who know the scriptures, what a hoot. How common.

Feb 16, 2011
I think you women are being pretty hard on Hearer.

I Thessilonians 5:19-20 Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings.

If he does prophesy, I don't see the problem and most of his post is Scripture.

L

Laodicea

We do have many true prophets today we can read their writtings in a book called the Bible

Feb 16, 2011
I believe in modern day prophets. I believe you Hearer about the Scripture. Don't be discouraged. God has alot of prophets.

A

AnandaHya

Job 12:20
He deprives the trusted ones of speech,And takes away the discernment of the elders.

Proverbs 2:3
Yes, if you cry out for discernment, And lift up your voice for understanding,

Proverbs 15:21
Folly is joy to him who is destitute of discernment, But a man of understanding walks uprightly.

Philippians 1:9
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,

pickles

Apr 20, 2009

Thankyou , Ive been trying to remember where I read this scripture for over a month now. :)
Jude1;22-23.
You found it for me!

Thankyou and God bless.
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Wether one believes in prophacy today or not.
It is not us that determines the words, But God, given through the Holy Spirit!
Thankyou for your words given in faith, hearer.
May we each one disern in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.

God bless
pickles

H

Hearer

Wether one believes in prophacy today or not.
It is not us that determines the words, But God, given through the Holy Spirit!
Thankyou for your words given in faith, hearer.
May we each one disern in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.

God bless
pickles
Thank you Jonathan and thank you Pickles. It was Lord Jesus who gave me the word of Malachi, and he came to fullfil the law. Jesus even teaches about tithing. But to do it inthe right spirit: Bringing your gifts to the altar.

Many people seem to have a sore point about giving God what is diue to him in a spirit of thanks, praise and gratitude.

Anyway thatnk you for your kind words. I am not discouraged. I would only be discouraged if I did not receive a word.

Another word I received was that Jesus is a good shepherd whose sheep recognise his voice and who would lay down his life for us. That encouraged me greatly too.