Tony Campolo

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MadParrotWoman

I was listening to this guy on Christian radio on Sunday, it was the first time I had heard this guy speak, it was also the first time I had heard a speaker on this station and disagreed with just about everything he said so I decided to investigate who he is and came up with this: Speaker, Author, and Professor Emeritus of Sociology at Eastern University and a Baptist. Well I guess I'm not a Baptist then!

Coincidently today I heard this very same guy's son Bart who was a pastor has now left the faith and become a secular humanist. I wonder if his father was influential in his fall - intentionally or not.

Is Tony Campolo popular in the US? Has anyone heart him speak?

3Scoreand10

I was listening to this guy on Christian radio on Sunday, it was the first time I had heard this guy speak, it was also the first time I had heard a speaker on this station and disagreed with just about everything he said so I decided to investigate who he is and came up with this: Speaker, Author, and Professor Emeritus of Sociology at Eastern University and a Baptist. Well I guess I'm not a Baptist then!

Coincidently today I heard this very same guy's son Bart who was a pastor has now left the faith and become a secular humanist. I wonder if his father was influential in his fall - intentionally or not.

Is Tony Campolo popular in the US? Has anyone heart him speak?
Everyone needs to understand that there are many different groups that wear the name Baptist, some very conservative, some very liberal, and many degrees inbetween.
He is as liberal, and as far from the truth as one can be.
He is a Baptist in name only.
He, like many, has departed from the faith.
If you want to know what TRUE BAPTIST teach, read what Jesus and the disciples taught.

M

MadParrotWoman

Everyone needs to understand that there are many different groups that wear the name Baptist, some very conservative, some very liberal, and many degrees inbetween.
He is as liberal, and as far from the truth as one can be.
He is a Baptist in name only.
He, like many, has departed from the faith.
If you want to know what TRUE BAPTIST teach, read what Jesus and the disciples taught.
I have to admit I was surprised to find he called himself a Baptist as I'd always thought they were conservative. Thanks for your response.

Sep 29, 2014
Tony Campolo wrote a book in the 1980s called 20 Hot Potatoes Christian are Afraid to Touch. I glanced through someone's copy once. He takes the Liberal side on 20 different controversial topics.

3Scoreand10

Unlike most MAIN LINE churches, each Baptist church is independant.
They choose their own pastors and teachers.
Too many times, they choose men that are worldly, and/or teach heresy.
The congregation relies on these pastors and teachers to teach them with out studying for themselves.
When this happens, it does not take very long to be lead into believing heresy.
I have seen this happen to many Baptist chuches in the last 50 years.

May 9, 2012
Tony Campolo served under Bill Clinton's administration. He spoke at my school last year. I didn't agree with everything but he has positive intentions in his messages for the Church. I'll have to go in the school chapel archives and find it for you. It was indeed fascinating to listen to.

M

MadParrotWoman

Tony Campolo served under Bill Clinton's administration. He spoke at my school last year. I didn't agree with everything but he has positive intentions in his messages for the Church. I'll have to go in the school chapel archives and find it for you. It was indeed fascinating to listen to.
I've been trying to find what I listened to on Sunday but have so far been unable to.