Tracts and Street Evangelism.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lee

How many Christians here still believe in 'tract' distribution. I have been hearing many people say that its a 'thing' of the past, but nothing could be further than the truth. Also, I think its so riduculous to believe that everyone who has a television or the 'internet' must know or have heard the Salvation ' message. I have enquired of many, if they have ever watched Christian TV, and most times, they have answered no, or asked, 'what is that'. When I lived in New York City, I was grateful for the Subway system, for it was the ideal medium, for tract distributation and witnessing , one on one, and any other way possible. Could you imagine having just a few minutes to tell someone , and in one case it was a Moslem woman married to a Hindu, and yes you read right, about the love of Christ, and a quick testimony, and they walked off that train, and you are left thinking, whether the H S touched their heart ? Well that happened with me , and two years later, that young woman approcahed me on strret in NY, and asked, 'do you remember me ' and I said, sure. She then proceeded to tell me, that not only she and her husband accepted Christ as Saviour, butalso all their in-laws,totalling ten persons. Another was a business- owner, who had beat upon his chest , while boasting that his money and other material wealth was his' God ' However, he did accept the 'tract' and a month later, he was wounded by gunfire, while someone fired a shot , celebrating the incoming New Year. Moments before he died, he asked God to come into his heart. His wife, family and hospital staff were confued
because they did not know about the 'tract' that he had read.And the title of that tract was' LOST EVERYTHING he did lose materially, but not his SOUL. I travel a lot , and from what I have observed, most of the Christians, do not care to witness to anyone, it like ' let someone else do it. The bible says to go into the high-ways and by-ways and compel them to come in.' And folks wonder why the churches are mostly half-empty, with the exception of a few, popular ones, like we see on TV. It little wonder,it is said, 'when the Son of man returns, what faith will he find in the earth.?

A

AgeofKnowledge

I like to hand them out. The problem is finding ones that aren't condemning people. I'm not saying the whole 'Way of the Master' approach isn't useful in certain situations if you have the time to take people all the way through it because it can be.

Maybe it's just my preference, but when handing out tracts to people I might not even get more than a "hi" from, I look for tracts that tell people how to enter into a saving, loving relationship with God than one that tries to scare or condemn them into it.

I just handed out a whole stack of one million dollar bill tracts (not the way of the Master ones) that just have the gospel on the back. It was fun. I would tell people God loved them more than a million dollars. It always got a smile.

M

Mich223

I use to hand out tracts as a bible student. That's when I wasn't an Anglican. I found it very rewarding in my youth. It can be dangerous in countries that oppose Christianity.

L

lee

Sure its dangerous. I support 'Open Doors Ministry with Brother Andrews in Santa Ana, California. And the 'horrific' stories that come out every month is unbelievable. At times it brings tears to me eyes, its hard to continue reading them . My mother, who introduced me to the Ministry 25 years ago, herself , has trouble too, and would ask me to only read her the 'good news'. If you can get your hands on a copy of the book, Gods' Smuggler' you will read of Andrew.He started taking bibles to the Persecuted Churches since in his twenties, and ,at the age of 83, is still busy. He knew Corrie Ten Boom, and many other great 'witnesses' for Christ. When I met him at Times Square church in NYC 15 years ago, he shook my hand, autographed my bible , wrote 2 Tim;3-12 the said, 'God bless your Mother'. I will never forget that moment.

R

Redeemed79

One of the first books I read when I came to Christ was Brother Andrews God's Smuggler!! I was soo excited by it, I laughed and cried and was truly strengthened by it! Tracts are fine and the ones that say it and old thing need to know that there is nothing new under the sun....and see who's standard of whats new and whats old they are following, It's like old songs and people say nah we cant sing them there old....Old and Anointed!!!! God continously tells us we have been anointed to preach Good News and this is what we are to do..ANYWAY< ANYTIME< ANYHOW. God Bless You and your minstry................

A

AgeofKnowledge

That's a fantastic ministry. I supported them on and off for 20 years!

Sure its dangerous. I support 'Open Doors Ministry with Brother Andrews in Santa Ana, California. And the 'horrific' stories that come out every month is unbelievable. At times it brings tears to me eyes, its hard to continue reading them . My mother, who introduced me to the Ministry 25 years ago, herself , has trouble too, and would ask me to only read her the 'good news'. If you can get your hands on a copy of the book, Gods' Smuggler' you will read of Andrew.He started taking bibles to the Persecuted Churches since in his twenties, and ,at the age of 83, is still busy. He knew Corrie Ten Boom, and many other great 'witnesses' for Christ. When I met him at Times Square church in NYC 15 years ago, he shook my hand, autographed my bible , wrote 2 Tim;3-12 the said, 'God bless your Mother'. I will never forget that moment.

Aug 8, 2010
The tracts that get handed out around here make me angry, and I'm a Christian, sometimes its not only the tracts, but the people handing them out.

I find "the million dollar question" to be a ridiculous one.

I don't hand them out.

your not going to win people over to Christ by ****ing them to hell, yelling, telling them they arn't living right and all that jazz, take them out to lunch, buy them some food, talk to them like a normal human being. It would probably work a lot better AND make people look a bit less crazy.

A

AgeofKnowledge

ROFL.. you're right of course about the way people hand them out matters. I don't stand on a corner and hand them out myself but give loving ones (not those condemning ones) out to people as I meet them one on one throughout my day in a natural organic way.

The tracts that get handed out around here make me angry, and I'm a Christian, sometimes its not only the tracts, but the people handing them out.

I find "the million dollar question" to be a ridiculous one.

I don't hand them out.

your not going to win people over to Christ by ****ing them to hell, yelling, telling them they arn't living right and all that jazz, take them out to lunch, buy them some food, talk to them like a normal human being. It would probably work a lot better AND make people look a bit less crazy.

Aug 8, 2010
It really does lol

Because I am a Christian, and those people handing them out, have actually told me "I really hope you can find Jesus" after we have discussions uhm..

I could always just be like "I did! He was behind the sofa this WHOLE time."

A

AgeofKnowledge

Yes it's true so many people don't listen to the lost. If you take the time, they'll tell you how to present Jesus to them.

You're insight reminds me of the time I saw these fundamentalist guys with large picket signs that read "Hell awaits you" go to these gay pride festivals and scream at everyone that they were going to "burn in hell."

I mean wow!!!!!!! I just can't get my mind around that. As much as I am against the sin of homosexuality I understand we are to love these people and pray for them. I treat the homosexuals in my circles with love and compassion AND they know I am a Christian and what I believe of the behavior. They know I vote pro-family and why. But they also know I love them as persons.

I may help one of them finally see Christ in His glory and love at the time of their death. We'll see. That will be worth the wait.

But to take a sign like that and scream at them those things, wow!!!!!!!!!!! How unChristlike is that.

It really does lol

Because I am a Christian, and those people handing them out, have actually told me "I really hope you can find Jesus" after we have discussions uhm..

I could always just be like "I did! He was behind the sofa this WHOLE time."

K

kujo313

Last Days, dudes. The enemy is going all-out. So should we.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I think that this is a great ministry when done in serving those that need Jesus.
It is the act of love in Jesus that speaks volumes.
Keep up the work!
God bless, pickles

Aug 8, 2010
Yes it's true so many people don't listen to the lost. If you take the time, they'll tell you how to present Jesus to them.

You're insight reminds me of the time I saw these fundamentalist guys with large picket signs that read "Hell awaits you" go to these gay pride festivals and scream at everyone that they were going to "burn in hell."

I mean wow!!!!!!! I just can't get my mind around that. As much as I am against the sin of homosexuality I understand we are to love these people and pray for them. I treat the homosexuals in my circles with love and compassion AND they know I am a Christian and what I believe of the behavior. They know I vote pro-family and why. But they also know I love them as persons.

I may help one of them finally see Christ in His glory and love at the time of their death. We'll see. That will be worth the wait.

But to take a sign like that and scream at them those things, wow!!!!!!!!!!! How unChristlike is that.
Oh gosh..the ones with the pickets make me mad. They misrepresent Christians...but sadly, lately it seems they arn't misrepresenting most of them..

its like, a lot of the people that are the victims of the picketters ,wouldn't ever start picketing at there church or anything like that.

I've been told that "its okay to attack someone in love and kindness"

if it was in love and kindness they wouldn't feel attacked.

you can't really attack someone kindly

have you ever really heard of someone being mugged and then going on about how kind the person was?

"excuse me, i don't mean to inconvenience you. but this is a stick up, please give me your money."

J

Jullianna

I like passing out tracts. I put them in greeting cards and even leave them in public bathrooms or stick them in those drink menus they leave on the tables in restaurants (the waitresses don't see them and throw them away right away). Most people will read anything when they have a few quiet moments, why not take advantage of that? :) His word never returns void.