Tragedy comes in 3's

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LittleBit1987

Hello friends,

Many of you don't know me as of yet, and that's quite alright.. I am partially new to this site so forgive me for my introductions.

My name Is Laura, I come from a very dysfunctional family (as we all do at some point) but some of us more than others. I'm not talking about cousins marrying each other, or parents remarrying other spouses, and then getting back together 10 years later or anything like that. I'm talking more like growing up with parents who fought a lot, mother who "ran away" from her problems all the time, transferring to many different schools growing up... and lastly but not least, dealing with relatives who are addicted to prescription drugs.

Now with all that said, I am here to tell you, that even though there have been plenty of times where I just wanted to drive off a cliff, or to stab myself... or stab a steak knife through my chest. When I was younger I FOUGHT off depression with everything I had within me. There is no point in letting THAT take over your life, really there isn't. That's like giving the devil the light torch in the cave and being stuck in the dark for the rest of your life. I fought that battle for years, and I finally broke free from it. Life isn't always easy, I know this from first hand experience. My family (both born in, and married into) are both dysfunctional and tragic stuff has happened.

My mother is 50 years old, still doesn't have a hold of her life yet, and still thinks its ok to do "nothing" with her life. My dad who is 57 has worked his whole life (from 13 till recently) and is basically taking care of his dad who is a 80 something year old man. My mother is on medication for her "mental illness" and sometimes, when a certain time comes around takes one too many pills and winds up in a mental institution. WHY does she do this? No one knows, but I do know that she has been trying to do everything she can to break my marriage apart (only been married for a year and a half) and is failing miserably at it. She thinks its okay to LIVE off the government, and do what she wants, whenever she wants... she's the "Little boy who cried wolf" and gets her way Every. Single. Time. Even some of her family don't care what she goes through, just wants to know if she finally made it to the point where she killed herself. THAT is how many times this woman has tried to harm herself, yet... No one knows why. And just this past week, she came home from the mental hospital from taking too many drugs. So, with all that being said the old saying is "look at your parents, that is who you will become later in life" I call B.S on that cause there is NO WAY I would EVER let myself get to that point in life.

Secondly, my husband has been battling with Depression Far longer than we have ever been together, and the fact that he has hid this from me for so long, yes it huts but at least he TOLD me and is SEEKING help. I praised God for that like you wouldn't believe! Yes, he is taking something to help with it, but at least he is getting better, my husband is finally coming back to me and I couldn't be happier. I have been with this man for almost 7 years, he is my GIFT from God, my Best friend, and my rock. Right now I am being HIS rock, but that's ok. I am just so thankful for the fact that he is Seeking help, on medication, and is doing much better now, I am so blessed to have a God that answers prayers, and in his timing.

Last but not least, my grandmother passed away just a few days ago. I wasn't really close to her, but I do have fond memories of her in my life, she was in an accident a few days ago, and she passed away from her injuries. There was No way any doctor could save her life and fix all the broken bones in her body from the car wreck. I'm not sure how old she was, but I do know that she was very loved, and is going to be missed. She was the sweetest person i had ever met, but don't get me wrong she had a few moments when the devil was trying to sway her away. I love her, very much and I miss her terribly.. but she is in a better place now and shes not suffering anymore.

I have had a LOT of bad luck in my life, and I have had some good in there too. But my point to this is, no matter how many lemons is being thrown my way in life, I still have my faith, I still pray everyday to God, and know in my heart that "Everything happens for a reason". Because of my grandmother passing away I finally got reconnected with my father (whom I haven't had any contact with for 2 1/2 years) and I can honestly say that the reason for her passing away, was to give me the path to see my dad and rebuild our relationship. I am sad she's gone, don't get me wrong about that, but I am thankful that God made a way for me to be with my dad again, and show me that I can be a light in his life again. I am 26 years old, I feel and sometime sound older than that, only because I have had to endure so much as a child, and so much as a adolescent that I grew up fast and here I am now. Trying to reach out to others who are in the same kind of pain I am in and helping them reach out to God and know there is a God who cares. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and the grass is greener on the other side...

I love my Lord and Savior, I love the fact that I live by my own motto... and I love the fact that I have this site to go to when I need help, advice, or need someone just to hear me out.

God Bless