Transition from old to new...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 24, 2018
What's up brothers and sisters! So I'm curious on some feedback from my fellow Christians... As I'd like to portray myself "not new to this walk"... I'm learning just how young I truly am in it. I've been in the word for years now, growing up introduced to it. It's never been a consistent thing in my life however. Judge me or not, I've been a different route than a lot. The most consistent time of my walking was while I was locked away in prison for an 18 month time period. I've been out three years and had the trials and tribulations of the world upon my shoulders and battled the transition. Now I can see the seed being "planters" depth however. It used to be that when times get rough I could get away and go the bars and clubs, liquor, drugs and sex cure👎 at 27 those days have gotten the best of me and I now no longer seek those pleasures. Instead I find myself Praying and in the word more often than not. Here's my question.... Recently I've became extremely reclused, basically shutting down from society. Certain situations have played role but for the most part I just don't want any part of humanity it seems. Now that my head's been cleared and God's prevailing in my dailies it seems a major depression has set in. Now I know right now I could go back to my old routine of the IDGAF attitude. But I wont. I can't. I'm looking for feedback on the transition point of truly dying to your old self and what that felt like. I wanna say this insane depression I'm going through in reality is a spiritual awaking. Completely aware of all my past misdoings now and conviction is being processed upon me to introduce this new life. Please any and everybody with testimony on this old to new respond. Much love to all my brothers and sisters in Christ!
-Joey

U

Ugly

Romans 7, Paul, who wrote most of the NT has this to say

15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
What's up brothers and sisters! So I'm curious on some feedback from my fellow Christians... As I'd like to portray myself "not new to this walk"... I'm learning just how young I truly am in it. I've been in the word for years now, growing up introduced to it. It's never been a consistent thing in my life however. Judge me or not, I've been a different route than a lot. The most consistent time of my walking was while I was locked away in prison for an 18 month time period. I've been out three years and had the trials and tribulations of the world upon my shoulders and battled the transition. Now I can see the seed being "planters" depth however. It used to be that when times get rough I could get away and go the bars and clubs, liquor, drugs and sex cure👎 at 27 those days have gotten the best of me and I now no longer seek those pleasures. Instead I find myself Praying and in the word more often than not. Here's my question.... Recently I've became extremely reclused, basically shutting down from society. Certain situations have played role but for the most part I just don't want any part of humanity it seems. Now that my head's been cleared and God's prevailing in my dailies it seems a major depression has set in. Now I know right now I could go back to my old routine of the IDGAF attitude. But I wont. I can't. I'm looking for feedback on the transition point of truly dying to your old self and what that felt like. I wanna say this insane depression I'm going through in reality is a spiritual awaking. Completely aware of all my past misdoings now and conviction is being processed upon me to introduce this new life. Please any and everybody with testimony on this old to new respond. Much love to all my brothers and sisters in Christ!
-Joey
Hey Joey! Thanks for sharing your story with us. I know some of us here can relate to what your testimony was about, including myself. I want to encourage you with some scriptures around knowing the importance of dying to oneself, but having Christ take over in you as a new creation in Him :)

Galatians 2:20 English Standard Version (ESV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Colossians 3:3 English Standard Version (ESV)
3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Matthew 16:24 English Standard Version (ESV)
Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus
24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

And just a encouragement in your journey with Christ, and the beauty of fixing our eyes on Jesus ❤️

Hebrews 12:2 English Standard Version (ESV)
2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Keep striving to be like Him, as scriptures say, imitate Christ. Its no doubt going to be a hard journey, but Jesus is the Living Water of Life for us to draw water from to nourish our bodies spiritually, equipped with His Word in truth. :)

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Depression was the beginning, the realization of truth for me. I was at the point where i didn't want to participate in life anymore and i pretty much turned my back on the world..Mind you i wasn't suicidal, i just felt like it was pointless to keep doing what i was doing. It was like having something that is supposed to work, not work and not knowing how to fix it, so you just throw it on the ground and quit, completely fed up. I did that, but with myself, I remember praying to God saying something like "If you want it, you can have it, i lost, you win". Me admitting that killed my pride, because i used to be very prideful and i would never admit defeat or a loss even if someone held a gun to my head. My mindset was "if i die because of this so be it". I felt the need to fast, I did it off and on for a few weeks, but i spent months eating around 100 calories a day. I went monk-mode, and didn't want anything to do with anything except scripture, meditating and focusing on Christ. One main thing i did learn was having resolve to deny self at all costs is something that God will honor. I believe dying to self has to be a constant practice so i can maintain the right mindset.

Dying to self made me feel light/burden-less. From personal experience as my self died the Spirit began to take over in its place. The more empty i would become the closer God would get, sometimes it would be flat out creepy and far out of my comfort zone, and other times it was cool. So yea i think you are on the right path. Once a person starts not wanting to participate in things of the past, that is a clear sign that its a season for change.

Aug 24, 2018
Mannn! Thank you, I appreciate that more than you know! Exactly what I needed to read on! As the circumstances sit in my situation im somewhat backed into a corner.now as my old mindset would go I could go and deal with my problems accordingly. That is in a prideful manner. However I don't have it in me anymore. The instant I recognize the options I immediately get pulled back. That i believe the Holy Spirit redirecting me. Again thank you very much on your guidance, like a glove in my current movement. God Bless🙌

Aug 24, 2018
Hey Joey! Thanks for sharing your story with us. I know some of us here can relate to what your testimony was about, including myself. I want to encourage you with some scriptures around knowing the importance of dying to oneself, but having Christ take over in you as a new creation in Him :)

Galatians 2:20 English Standard Version (ESV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Colossians 3:3 English Standard Version (ESV)
3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Matthew 16:24 English Standard Version (ESV)
Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus
24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

And just a encouragement in your journey with Christ, and the beauty of fixing our eyes on Jesus ❤️

Hebrews 12:2 English Standard Version (ESV)
2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Keep striving to be like Him, as scriptures say, imitate Christ. Its no doubt going to be a hard journey, but Jesus is the Living Water of Life for us to draw water from to nourish our bodies spiritually, equipped with His Word in truth. :)
Thank you🙂 Definitely is becoming a wild ride that's for sure sure. Feeling like I'm bi-polar going on an trip all in one moment then back to my old repititions the next. It's chaotic. I really appreciate you reaching to me. Scripture always hit, an the last paragraph you wrote, your breakdown hit home. God Bless you🙌

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Thank you🙂 Definitely is becoming a wild ride that's for sure sure. Feeling like I'm bi-polar going on an trip all in one moment then back to my old repititions the next. It's chaotic. I really appreciate you reaching to me. Scripture always hit, an the last paragraph you wrote, your breakdown hit home. God Bless you🙌
I believe, The Word of God is the most powerful convicting tool or resource that we have access to freely. How beautiful is it of God to give us so much richness in love, grace and mercy, soooo much that He gave His Son Jesus Christ for us! :)

I know what its like to be a follower of this world, and it is only because of Jesus I have been set free from my sins.

I will keep you in prayers Joey, also remember God loves you :)