Trouble sleeping at nights

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 19, 2009
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what is the best way of getting to sleep on time? I keep going to bed at like 5 am and waking up at 5 pm.

S

SamIam

get in the bed at the time you wanna go to bed at...... read a book, do something that relaxes you..... if all else fails take some medicine that will knock you out lol

M

missy2shoes

like in Father of the Bride 2 ;)

S

SamIam

hahahahaha YES!!! i loooove that movie!

S

SamIam

You could stand in front of a door and have someone slam it into your face really hard, that would definantly put you out for the night

C

carpetmanswife

try melatonin and or valerian root...its all natural and you buy it at wal mart ..i take it myself

MdNordlicht

Feb 19, 2009
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what is the best way of getting to sleep on time? I keep going to bed at like 5 am and waking up at 5 pm.
Do you mean you can not sleep or you dont have enough discipline to sleep?

Kakashi

Jan 3, 2007
I faced this problem, and I know the answer, but it's going to take some work.

When you sleep early in the morning till late in the afternoon, you;ve set a pattern. So ow do you break this pattern? Well, it's kinda obvious that going to bed early isn't the easiest method. You;re not even sleepy or tired! But try going to sleep as early as you can one night ( even if it's 4:30) and then get up early, say 8-9 or 10( whatever time you need to get up to go somewhere). Set lots of alarms to get you up and don't take any naps in the day. By the time night comes you'll be exhausted and you'll go to bed early and you'll probably wake up at a normal time and then you can set your habit like that :)

That's what I'd do when summer changed back to college semesters.

B

BrokenAndBeautiful

I faced this problem, and I know the answer, but it's going to take some work.

When you sleep early in the morning till late in the afternoon, you;ve set a pattern. So ow do you break this pattern? Well, it's kinda obvious that going to bed early isn't the easiest method. You;re not even sleepy or tired! But try going to sleep as early as you can one night ( even if it's 4:30) and then get up early, say 8-9 or 10( whatever time you need to get up to go somewhere). Set lots of alarms to get you up and don't take any naps in the day. By the time night comes you'll be exhausted and you'll go to bed early and you'll probably wake up at a normal time and then you can set your habit like that :)

That's what I'd do when summer changed back to college semesters.
I've done this before! It's horrible, but it DOES work!

T

TiredInfantryman

well best thing you can do is stay up for 36 hours straight, then when its 5pm you will be tired and reset yourself on a regular schedule again.

W

wwjd_kilden

Best thing is, as they said, to change your sleep pattern the natural way. If that doesn\t work, do what carpetmanswife said. (Your doctor can probably get you a rescription for melatonine, makes it cheaper. I got one when I started my practise at school, and it helped from the fist pill)

* Mealtonine is the chemical in your brain that controls your sleep/awake cycle. and it is broken down by sunlight, so it wont saty in your body
however, you might get a kind of hangover, best way to keep that from happening is getting into sunlight as soon as you can after waking up