Trust God! Trust God! Trust God!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
This is out of a wee devotional I use at work.. I thought I would share it with you all..

'"You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living..."' Psalm 142:5Hard times energise some people, yet paralyse others. Look at David. Everything he touched turned to gold: Samuel anointed him to be king; he defeated Goliath; Saul chose him as a musician and warrior; the army loved him and wrote songs about him.

Then his life fell apart. He lost his job and his marriage failed; Samuel his old mentor died; his best friend Jonathan couldn't help him, and Saul's soldiers hounded him until he had to hide in a cave. At some point we all do time in the cave! It's where you end up when all your earthy supports are gone. It's where you learn important things about yourself that you can't learn anywhere else.

It's where God does some of His best work in moulding you into the likeness of Christ. It's where your worst inadequacies confirm that you're out of your depth, and where God sends His power to flow through your weakness. When David prayed, 'You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living,' he'd no way of knowing there was a crown in his future, or that he wasn't going to die in hiding. For all he knew, this cave he was in right now might be as good as it gets. When you're in a situation you can't fix, can't change and can't escape, trust God! Trust God! Trust God! As long as your sense of security is tied solely to your success, it'll always be fragile. But when you know that God is with you even at your lowest point, you can handle the cave and come out stronger!

May we all trust in God, when our time in the cave comes

Phil

A

AgeofKnowledge

Awesome Phil!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Good words phil!
It is when we are weak, that God is our rock, our protection!
Glad to see you back here.
God bless, pickles

M

Mulehide

Thanks Phil. What a blessing!

C

charisenexcelcis

Even in the midst of his cave experience, David refused to take the low road. He does better than most of us would. Thank-you for sharing this.

A

Angel371

let God (the Word) be true and all men liars because the Word of God cannot lie but if you speak on your own resoures and do the work of the devil you are a liar