Trusting God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OreoSoleil

This is my first post. I joined awhile ago and I've been holding my reality in and just seeking God. Seeing that through every season God has something he has been wanting to show us. This season has been an interesting one and I see God teaching me something each day.

I was engaged to a man and he promised to make it work. He left me 2 1/2 months ago saying he wasn't happy. I am carrying his child and we are now 6 months. He has sudden mood changes and can be very harsh with his words or very kind and sweet. Saying that his time with me was priceless and that he misses me and my daughter. But then another day saying we just didn't work on and i need to move on. We are in contact with a minister who was meeting with us. My ex doesn't know God-- he covered it up well with me. But through his words now, I see he doesn't know Jesus. The minister sees hope in him becoming a christian and talking to him about God's views of family. We haven't been since before thanksgiving, but I hope we can meet up soon.

This is an interesting situation I have gotten myself in. During the past 4 months I have lost my job, my fiance, and I had to move out from living on my own. I run the risk of dying in this pregnancy and I hear many views of peoples opinions at this point in my life. They are Christians and they are correct with their statements. But there comes a point where-- God has forgiven my sin, others have to be willing to forget it.

I still have a hope that God could be the center for this relationship and heal it. God has been showing me about his love--and how Jesus loved. He didn't keep record of wrongs, he was peaceful and loving--but strong. King David was a man after God's own heart and so poetic, but he fell short many times. I'm learning alot about forgiveness and having God heal my hurt. Becoming the Christian mother I need to be and becoming stronger because that is what God has called me to do.

I have sinned and made my mistakes, God has dealt with me. I don't want this child to suffer-- and seeing that God could of given this child to anyone--he gave it to a single mother. This is a divine child from God-- it wasn't an accident in God's eyes.

If anyone has any advice. God is dealing with me yes, I still see a miraculous God--but I also see a God who makes his will known. He may choose to heal this, or he may choose to have other plans. I know God will get the glory, so I must just trust him. Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 8:27-30

D

dianna

As well as GOD we must trust in ourselves, GOD is answering your prayer. Like someone had to tell me, stop thinking how you would think although that's a hard thing to do. To let go of ourselves, you know to change.
And to let any man controle what is heaven on earth to GOD ,because hey we do submit to men. And even when Jacob was sold he was granted what a wife . Alone with his treasures. We mold into what ever is handed to us woman. BUT you have to know GOD doesn't do nothing that hurts you. may wake you up, you may not like it. That's cause he is preparing you for the new.
You just have to trust that you will do GODs will by you choosing it. Because GOD BELIEVES in you!
Everything will fall into place. Please believe me!

S

songster

I sincerely believe the greatest thing to realize at this moment in your life, is that you and your child have great value in God's eyes. Purposes don't simply happen, but you have great potential for purpose. You are gifted with talents, gifts or abilities which God can use, and even this experience can equip you to minister grace to others.

Answers to prayer are typically received, once we are able to place greater faith in God, than in our circumstances. Some things that appear to be sent to destroy us, or create chaos in our lives, can actually propel us into a better understanding of who God is, and how much He cares.

Old sins are old sins, and Jesus blood is sufficient to wash away every trace of what caused us to feel guilty and unworthy.

You've been propelled into a time and place in your life when, the only thing that can help right now, is your faith, and faith is the substance we all need which brings about the miraculous, answers to prayer, and the things we're hoping for.

Settle it in your heart that God will honor your faith and your patience, as you allow Him to work things out His way. Trying to make things happen, at this point, can only complicate things. Whether your situation is the result of past choices, or sins, believe that God sees you as clean, whole, forgiven and righteous.

You have set yourself up for the miraculous, and those who place their trust in the Lord will not be disappointed. Your greatest help will be, staying in the presence of God, seeking out ways to create an atmosphere of faith, limiting interactions, to only those who will be supportive during this time, and will bolster your faith in God.

What a fortunate baby you're carrying. What a blessed time in your life. Mothers who recognize the value of placing God first, are a treasure in the eyes of their children. Your first ministry is to the child your carrying.

You have great value, as a mother, as a daughter of God, and someday, as a wife to a godly husband. One who will recognize how precious it is to have a believing wife and a relationship with God. You’ll get through this, and you’ll be able to see God’s hand in it once it’s over.

Every storm has a beginning and an end.

Last edited:
May 21, 2009
Sonsters answer was very nice. I pray God to keep giving you strength and wisdom as you walk with God thr all that is happening to you.

O

OreoSoleil

Thanks so much for the encouragement -- God's really been teaching me alot through 2 Samuel 12. David seeked God and God was forced to bring him back into his presence after he sinned. David seeked God and through it all God did bless him and his family. God never forsake him and He gave him hope -- but he got the glory. God is really helping my faith grow and helping me see his attributes and that I have no control here. I know God will answer and He knows things beyond what I do -- the answer He gives it will be best, I know He is preparing me for that.