Truth behind the Filipini smile

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lydz

We can't deny the fact that a lot of people in our country were not really blessed with things this world offers. A lot of our brothers and sisters were having difficulties in finding job or a lot of them were broke cause of natural calamities or corruption but still we always see a lot of people smiling even during calamities or floods especially when they're infront of cameras.I can say and believe it's because of God's presence in our lives.Our country had gone thru a lot of disasters and calamities but our devotion and belief that God has a reason for everything had help as to overcome it.
I am proud of our country cause even a lot of corruption controversies,Most people were believers and accepted Jesus as their saviour.

N

NiceneCreed

We can't deny the fact that a lot of people in our country were not really blessed with things this world offers. A lot of our brothers and sisters were having difficulties in finding job or a lot of them were broke cause of natural calamities or corruption but still we always see a lot of people smiling even during calamities or floods especially when they're infront of cameras.I can say and believe it's because of God's presence in our lives.Our country had gone thru a lot of disasters and calamities but our devotion and belief that God has a reason for everything had help as to overcome it.
I am proud of our country cause even a lot of corruption controversies,Most people were believers and accepted Jesus as their saviour.

Lyds,

That is really awesome so many Pinoy/Pinay have remained positive throughout all the government corruption and other personal hardships they have had to endure. In fact, I can't help but think of Philippians 4:13: "I can do all this through him [Christ] who gives me strength." Anyway, I am familiar with some of the corrupt practices of former President Arroyo, such as the unexplainable disappearances of civilians without explanation, as well as the billions of Philippine pesos that vanished of which there has been no accountability, likewise. However, I am unfamiliar with your current president, as I no longer reside in Asia -- are they up to the same-old practices as your last president? I sure hope not.

framester

Jan 4, 2010
Hmmm... Things are unfolding and --- it can be spectacularly ugly! (hideous even)

So hold fast, here it comes!

:D

P

Pia

I can relate to that, I have been dealing with it all this time. I am blessed enough to get a job here in the Philippines. I am a licensed Nurse but I couldn't get a job related to my profession. My brother lives with me. He's been trying to get a job for 7 months now.He's a graduate of a 4 year course but still couldn't get a job. It's hard to support him but then I keep holding on to my faith for our survival. I am really praying that he would get a job soon. Our government is busy with their issues about corruption neglecting the people who actually the reason why they have their positions. It's really sad to think that those people keeps on enjoying their life while people under them are suffering.
I hope that people from our government will receive enlightenment so that they will see solutions to our problem. I've been suffering since college. Never had a chance to experience what I really deserve. I consider my country as my beloved home, but then I don't really feel at home in here. I never felt the comfort, just trying to survive each day. Behind my smile and laughter is too much hardships...

Still thankful to our Lord....for the joy he is giving me.. for the courage and hope each day.
:)

F

fourleaf

Thank you Lydz. This has given me hope and made me proud of my country despite of everything.