TRYING TO HARD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

Wootie

I noticed that alot of people in the world are trying to hard to teach the word of God to others in order to get them saved. Why would I want to be like someone who is always telling me what I should be doing and when I look at their life all I see are works? In scripture it says " Faith without works is dead" ,
and I agree with that but I see too many people who are not living what they are teaching. That creates a double standard which I feel turns people away from the word. I live as I teach and then if they deny the Lord it is not because of secondary standards created by myself. This world operates off of a visual mechanism and that's how we should approach them.

R

Ricke

Hi Wootie

Can you give us a couple of quick examples of what you are referring to as a "Turn off"?? Just asking'....

C

charisenexcelcis

If we confess that the Holy Spirit is at work in our life (and I do) then we ought to have the fruit of the Holy Spirit in our life.

jangel

May 12, 2010
I’ve seen a lot of people who are so good in Scriptures, but when you look on their lives, you will be disappointed but as Hebrews 12:2 says, Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…
We human failed, and possibility... we’ll stumble also if we will fix our eyes to these people that’s why I’m holding that verse. I’ll accept what they say as long as it will help my spiritual life and with regard on how they live on it, let God be their judge.

A

AnandaHya

we are called to be worshipers of God FIRST and workers afterwards. people have forgotten the importance of prayer. God does not want us to make and do endless things FOR Him. He like a loving Father wants to spend time WITH us.

The principal cause of my leanness and unfruitfulness is owing to an unaccountable backwardness to pray. I can write or read or converse or hear with a ready heart; but prayer is more spiritual and inward than any of these, and the more spiritual any duty is the more my carnal heart is apt to start from it. Prayer and patience and faith are never disappointed. I have long since learned that if ever I was to be a minister faith and prayer must make me one. When I can find my heart in frame and liberty for prayer, everything else is comparatively easy. -- Richard Newton

http://www.raptureready.com/resource/bounds/pp6.htm

zone

Jun 13, 2010
on this subject, i was recently reminded by Redster, and this applies to me as one called later in my life:

i was never convinced of anything by the lives of christians before i was washed. they looked stupid and square to me.

i was convinced when i was drawn to Jesus and heard the Gospel message (Law and Gospel) by the Power of The Holy Spirit working His Commission in my life. no upstanding lives around me meant anything when i was blind and dead - i thought i was living right. i didn't relate to the Christian life until i discovered i was one.

that's my story.