trying to stay strong

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nicknick1

I have posted a few times on here about my marriage separation and how tough it is. Now even though it has been a few months,I still know God is able!! After looking at many websites and Praying a lot I know God is going to restore my marriage.Only tough part is waiting until then.For some reason my wife seems to do facebook a lot more than before by posting new profile pics every week.Need some encouragement.By the way this all started because we were prideful and arrogant.She has refused counseling,listening to the elders of the church,family or what the bible says.She actually said that God will forgive her if she remarries and commits adultery because of His grace and mercy.I know God forgives for truly repentant sin,but not so sure about willful sin.give me some thoughts.

Sep 10, 2012
a christian is someone who believes that Jesus is God and turns to Him in love seeking forgiveness for their sins and turns from their sins and forsakes their sins...anyone who deliberately embraces sin is not a christian...if you love God you will hate your sins....if you love your sins then you hate God...examine yourself first..are you a christian...are you turning to God in love through Jesus and turning from your sins...are you honouring God in your life, submitting to Him and His word and trying to get your family to honour God and submit to you in love or do you let them continue going their own way...if you are trying to get your family to submit and they continue to rebel then they need disciplining and it could be that you are unequally yoked to a nonbeliever in which case if she refuses to submit to you in love then you may be compelled to separate from her

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Yes, true repentance is necessary for forgiveness.

Keep in mind that God will not override someone's free will. Yes, He would like broken marriages to be restored, but He won't force your wife into anything. She will have to come to understanding and repentance on her own; no one can do it for her.

Sometimes, the harder we try to grasp something, the more it strives to be released. I don't know if it's really helpful for you to continuously look at her facebook page. It may hurt you even more.

Praying for strength and guidance for you, brother. Lean on Christ for healing, understanding, and forgiveness.