Tuna Fish Bones

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

inthewind

From grade one to grade eight I was the tallest kid in my school classes. I felt as though I stuck out like a sore thumb and, mixed with third degree shyness, I developed bent head syndrome if there is such a thing. With the habit of looking downwards I was good at finding things like small flowers that bloomed in the woods in springtime, and marbles probably dropped in the school yard by the school yard bully who somehow always managed to win at marbles and who always had pockets overflowing with marbles. I also had a big head and big ears (still do) but at certain times of the day, if it was sunny, I noticed that, due to the downward cast of my head, my shadow showed a head and ears of normal proportions. Later in life I developed interests/hobbies that came by way of my natural tendency to observe what was on the ground. One of these interests is archeology which brings me to the point about tuna fish bones.

A few years ago there was a discovery of 38,000 fish bones in a cave. A large number of the bones were Tuna fish bones and the earliest bones were dated to around 42,000 years ago. This discovery led to some
archeologist declaring that man had the ability to deep sea fish 42,000 years ago, pushing back the dating of man's deep sea fishing abilities 30,000 years.

Reading many of the threads on ChristianChat there are many times that a topic that is being discussed recently has reminded me of various related archeological discoveries.
For instance:
the tabernacle http://www.jewishpress.com/news/archaeologists-find-shiloh-altar-used-during-temple-era/2013/11/20/
animal sacrifice http://www.livescience.com/39307-jerusalem-animal-sacrifice-found.html
God's name http://www.divine-name.info/archaeology.htm

As for the Tuna fish bones, it will take a lot more then speculation to prove to me that the oceans weren't teaming with bazillions of Tuna fish way back then and that just maybe they were caught in some manner other then by deep sea fishing not that it matters. Scientists and speculation just seem to run hand in hand more and more and people often just believe what they hear and read. As for Bible archeology, well, I suppose it's the same way minus the concept of belief, and if you believe scripture, new discoveries just reinforce what I believe, no that it matters, for one day there will be a new earth and the old will be gone.

Lyd

Dec 10, 2013
Did you know according to the Bible that the Earth is 6 thousand years old?

Lyd

Dec 10, 2013
Have you ever heard of the book "Heaven-Randy Alcorn", Its a really good book, filled with TONS of Biblical references which I love. If you haven't read it you should look it up. God really opened my eyes through it to the worldly beliefs I adopted without realising it. Its worth looking into and I wish you would read it and tell me what you think. :)

I can relate to your story about being the tallest in the class and sticking out...I grew incredibly fast, I was about 1-2feet taller than everyone else my age in grade 6-7 and also I was developed faster than all the other girls. I had a women figure at 12years old and I was mistaken for being older than I was because of it. I was put a grade back so not only was I really tall for my age and over developed I was a grade behind. I felt like a BIG DUMMY literally. (However ironically I grew really fast ahead of everyone but then I stopped growing early and I actually ended up being shorter than average! I'm 5'3 but inside my head I'm forever a jolly giant because of that childhood experience!)

I enjoyed reading your post and thanks for sharing something personal.

T

TaylorTG

Thanks for sharing some of your knowledge with us.

I

inthewind

Lyd;bt6222 said:
Did you know according to the Bible that the Earth is 6 thousand years old?
I have heard it said and read, and observed discussions that the age of the earth is 6000 years. Points and counterpoints aside, The Lord won't mind if I won't take issue with either side in the matter.

From Job 38

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?
declare, if thou hast understanding.
Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest?
or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened?
or who laid the corner stone thereof;
when the morning stars sang together,
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?