Type of Christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MaggieMye

Link does not work.

That aside...there is only ONE type of TRUE Christian: One that OBEYS the Written Word of God.

Maggie

M

mule

I am one who believes Jesus and loves even my enemies.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
I am for true Christianity, which maintains that salvation is through faith in Christ, resulting in love and obedience toward God.

U

Ugly

I'm not the kind that would suggest kidnapping as a form of marital counseling.

C

chuinchoy

According to the link attached, there are in general 4 types of christians with different perspective about christianity. The purpose of me posting this OP is for you to self-examine yourself. To make sure that we are in the right path, so that we won't be caught by surprises when we see our lord in heaven.

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
Link does not work.

That aside...there is only ONE type of TRUE Christian: One that OBEYS the Written Word of God.

Maggie
Technically speaking ....
One that OBEYS the Written Word of God as well as the SPOKEN Words of God.

But I am in agreement on the obedience part.

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
According to the link attached, there are in general 4 types of christians with different perspective about christianity. The purpose of me posting this OP is for you to self-examine yourself. To make sure that we are in the right path, so that we won't be caught by surprises when we see our lord in heaven.
Sorry friend, your link aint' working. But I have no need to examine myself in this regard. If you listen to God and obey His Commandments and Instructions as He gave it to His Prophets and Apostles and speaks it to you. Then you cannot really go that far wrong.

I am curious though as to the four groups you are claiming?

M

MaggieMye

Churchboy: There are NOT four types of Christians. You will not find four different types of believers in the Bible. You either Believe God and His word, or you don't. The latter being 'not Christian'.

Word Gaurdian: Every word SPOKEN by any real or supposed prophet of God MUST be held captive to the written word of God. Many SAY they are speaking on God's behalf, when in truth, they are unwittingly being controlled and influenced by the demonic.

Feb 11, 2012
Hers is a great example of the kind of saint we shoud be:

A Saint or an aint?

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow(obey) Me.

Either you are one or the other, no such things as a sinning saint! A saint is walking in the present tense with Christ, being obedient, pure in heart and deed, and listening to His voice, then they follow Him on the narrow road. Luke 9-23-24.

Luke 9:23 And He said to all, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me.
Luke 9:24 For whoever will save his life shall lose it, but whoever will lose his life for My sake, he shall save it.

A real saint as described in the Bible has crucified his flesh with Christ, Galatians 2-20,

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ, and I live; yet no longer I, but Christ lives in me. And that life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith(obedience) toward the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself on my behalf.

Once and for all, hence I have been crucified, and thus they now walk in newness of life, 2 Corinthians 5-17.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.

Cleansed and purified of all willful sin, through a real repentance and faith. 2 Corinthians 7-10-11.

2Co 7:10 For the grief according to God works repentance to salvation, not to be regretted, but the grief of the world works out death.
2Co 7:11 For behold this same thing (you being grieved according to God); how much it worked out earnestness in you; but also defense; but also indignation; but also fear; but also desire; but also zeal; but also vengeance! In everything you approved yourselves to be clear (pure) in the matter.

They must remain diligent and faithful to the truth, obey from the heart, and keep themselves undefiled from the world and its false ways! 1 John 2-15-17.

1Jn 2:15 Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him,
1Jn 2:16 because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world passes away, and the lust of it, but he who does the will of God abides forever.

You are not a saint without actually doing the works of righteousness(doing what is right) Jesus didn’t obey for you, but made a way, through His bold example for us to follow, He said His sheep follow Him and His steps and ways, which leads to eternal life. But sadly most churches teaches Jesus did it all for them, He took their place, and a real Christian is actually a sinner, but called a saint because they believe in Jesus!

Rom 8:4 So that the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

It’s simple, obedience matters, those who count the cost and endure to the end will inherit eternal life, as you walk in the spirit, and not the flesh, walking as Jesus walked, in sincerity, purity and love!

A real saint will not be perfect as some think perfection is( as perfect as God) BUT will be living the crucified life, that only comes through repentance and faith both proven by deeds! And these deeds include obeying Jesus from the heart, abstaining from all appearances of evil, departing from iniquity, counting the cost, and most of all, crucifying your flesh with Christ once and for all, not because He did it for you, but because He commands you to do it, and a real saint will never argue in favor of sin!

Gal 5:24 But those belonging to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Tommy

Many will say this way is too difficult, and will come up with many excuses why they can’t obey and follow Jesus on the narrow road, but Jesus made it perfectly clear when He said, strive to enter the narrow gate, where the professing church says, it’s done for you, you cannot obey God, and to fear Him isn't important, just believe all is done, you do nothing but trust it has been done for you! Does this sound like the narrow way Jesus preached in the word?

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Jul 27, 2011
Christian=Christ like, only one type of christian, no lukewarm. you either are a christian or not.

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
Word Gaurdian: Every word SPOKEN by any real or supposed prophet of God MUST be held captive to the written word of God. Many SAY they are speaking on God's behalf, when in truth, they are unwittingly being controlled and influenced by the demonic.
O...K... Just to clarify for my own peace of mind. What you mean is that the words spoken to you by a prophet must not be in contradiction to the written word of God. -- To that I do agree.

What I am talking about is when God speaks to you. He gives you an instruction...like to tell somebody something. or do something. You know. Instructions. Or you could call it commands. I don't care.

Its like this. In our house my dad always had house rules. Can't sit with your feet on the coach, etc. But sometimes my dad would ask me to make him some coffee. This was a mere instruction. It wasn't one of my chores. It was a simple instruction. And I obeyed and carried it out.

Now God has got house rules... ten commadments, etc. But sometimes He personally just ask you to do things for Him. Instructions.

Let me give you an example in the Bible... Peter was on top of the house praying. Then God spoke to him and gave him a vision. He did it to make Peter understand what He wanted Him to do, afterward God gave Him an instruction to go with the man to the House of Cornelius. The instruction was not part of the ten commandments. Peter was devout, he knew the commadments of Christ. This wasn't it. This was a instruction from God, telling him exactly what God wanted him to do. (Acts 10 just in case, so you don't have to search for it)

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Allow me please to explain this. Those that listen to God and do His will, will be allowed to enter.

Now think logically. If you had a child... but never communicated with this child. And this child never communicated with you. Even if he knew your house rules. Will he know what you want on a daily basis? No. Of course not. But even worse. Will you have a relationship with that child. Also no. So you evidently will not truly know the child, nor will the child truly know you.

The same with God and us. He wants a relationship with us. Jesus did not merely say those words without thought. If it was someone else, a prophet, yes that could make sense even. But this is Jesus that said do the will of the Father and then went on to explain that if you don't He wouldn't know you.

And this is true, for if you are obedient you have to listen. And if you listen you start to develop a relationship. And me being a young man, I have a forgetful memory. God knows this of me. And many times when I forget things...God will say to me... remember this... or your keys are over there. Why? Because He loves me. He knows me. He knows that I don't try to tempt Him, but actually truly forgot about an important thing. And why does He know me. Because when He ask of me things, I do it. Like writing to you now. He knows my strengths and my weakness and try to aid me in both. For He is my Father. A lot of times, He would give me advice on matters. Sometimes, He would warn me of things to come and how I can prevent it. Sometimes He ask me to heal others. Sometimes He ask me to tell someone something on behalf of Him. I do this gladly. Sometimes I am upset or angry and then I sits me down and calms me down and then helps me to look out of various perspectives. And many times point out how I was in the wrong.

This is a relationship. Two way communication and interaction. I know God. And He knows me. I am still learning. And still have to learn a lot. But this is what I am talking about when I said. Spoken words of God.