U.S. Army Reserve TRaining Materials: Evangelicals are terrorists.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
The problem isn't that someone who calls themselves Catholic can goe to extremes. It lists Catholicism as a UNIT, and Evangelical Christianity as a UNIT, not groups/individuals that would claim themselves as such. I don't have much of a favorable view of Roman Catholicism, but to compare Catholicism as a unit to the Taliban, Al Qaeda, or other similar groups is far more than a problem of apples and oranges, for apples and oranges are at least remotely the same shape.
diggs....that's the whole point:

Re: U.S. Army Reserve TRaining Materials: Evangelicals are terrorists.

"It lists Catholicism as a UNIT, and Evangelical Christianity as a UNIT, not groups/individuals that would claim themselves as such."

it's always been the point. they did the same thing in Russia.
they care far less about muslim or other 'terrorists' than they do about the Christians.
Jesus already told us that.

"Who will save us from Western civilization?"
Georg Lukacs, Deputy Commissar for Culture
Bela Kun Bolshevik, Hungary, 1918

in hungary lukacs instituted what he himself called "cultural terrorism" - for the express purpose of taking down traditional cultures and especially the christian faith.

through all the wretched de-(un)-moralizing of the christian peoples, you could degrade them enough that -

1) many would just fall away into gross immorality
2) that itself would be your prima facie 'evidence' that christians were degenerate terrorists who need to be dealt with.

it's written right into the Patriot Act, diggs.
right in there.

circular illogic, but it looks right when strained through the media lens just right.

P

psychomom

You've wedded the Gospel with your military culture to send wave after wave of young men into the meat-grinder.

Blessed are the peace-makers.
just want to suggest there's a difference between peacemakers and peacekeepers. (Peacekeepers? ;) )

T

Theophane

just want to suggest there's a difference between peacemakers and peacekeepers. (Peacekeepers? ;) )
There is some semantic difference between peace-makers and peace-keepers, but it eludes me. All I know is that peace is positive, active. The peace Jesus gives is not simply the absence of violence, just as love is not simply the absence of hate. Pacifism is wrongly understood as cowardice or the refusal to act. There's physical cowardice and then there's moral cowardice. Mahatma Ghandi and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. knew the difference. So did Jesus.

T

Theophane

This thread has started to go off the rails.

J

jimmydiggs

diggs....that's the whole point:

Re: U.S. Army Reserve TRaining Materials: Evangelicals are terrorists.

"It lists Catholicism as a UNIT, and Evangelical Christianity as a UNIT, not groups/individuals that would claim themselves as such."

it's always been the point. they did the same thing in Russia.
they care far less about muslim or other 'terrorists' than they do about the Christians.
Jesus already told us that.

"Who will save us from Western civilization?"
Georg Lukacs, Deputy Commissar for Culture
Bela Kun Bolshevik, Hungary, 1918

in hungary lukacs instituted what he himself called "cultural terrorism" - for the express purpose of taking down traditional cultures and especially the christian faith.

through all the wretched de-(un)-moralizing of the christian peoples, you could degrade them enough that -

1) many would just fall away into gross immorality
2) that itself would be your prima facie 'evidence' that christians were degenerate terrorists who need to be dealt with.

it's written right into the Patriot Act, diggs.
right in there.

circular illogic, but it looks right when strained through the media lens just right.
I posted it on facebook. Had someone agreeing with the article, and I think that is where American culture at large is at. Christians with any sort of moral conviction are terrorists.

T

Theophane

Christians with any sort of moral conviction are terrorists.
The prince of this world should consider us terrorists. ;)

J

jimmydiggs

The prince of this world should consider us terrorists. ;)
I know.

It's one thing to stand on the tracks when there is no train. It is entirely another when you can see it coming.

raf

Sep 26, 2009
I would tend to agree. Evangelical christians are normally the ones that have had members bomb abortion clinics or murder doctors. You dont see that nonsense from the more mainline protestant congregations.
What is mainline protestant congregations? A lot of protestants are in hate groups like the KKK especially baptist, is that considered a major protestant group?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
What is mainline protestant congregations? A lot of protestants are in hate groups like the KKK especially baptist, is that considered a major protestant group?
Baptist churches are mostly considered evangelical as well. Mainline protestants churches normally encompass presbyterian, methodist, lutheran, and episcopal congregations. A lot of it has to do with a tendency to less fundamentalist.

P

PeteWaldo

People who think of themselves as Christian have done such things (and worse), .......
Which of course was my whole point. When we turn to the Gospel we can see it is painfully obvious, that such men, were not Christian. Regardless of what they had deluded themselves into believing. Right on up to Roman Church Popes responsible for the murders of millions of Jews, Muslims and Christians.

...... which reflects badly on them and not on Christ.

P

PeteWaldo

This is just a continuation of the Crusades. If there's one thing I know about Middle Eastern Muslims is that they are extraordinarily hostile to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Just as millions of African Muslims that have come to Christ.

Unless your ulterior motive is war, there's no point in trying to evangelize those people.
We can all rest easy knowing that you aren't called.

You can't spread the Gospel with guns and tanks and bombs.
Nor are we called to, as my prior post indicated. Nor are we called to act as referees between various factions of antichrists. That doesn't mean we are called to turn our backs on the defenseless.

That's not my fault! You can't blame that on me!
Indeed. The blame rests squarely on the backs of the Muslims, that the church left hanging out to dry increasingly over the last couple of centuries, as pop-eschatology came into vogue to blind Christians to THE false prophet Muhammad.

Nothing remotely like that has ever happened to me. I have no idea what I would do in that situation. For all I know, the rapist might become unnerved by me shouting the Gospel at him and abandon his victim.
In light of your post I understand your answer in regard to coming to the aid of the defenseless.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PeteWaldo

I read about this via a different news site. Why is this so upsetting? Did you not know that every religion contains extremists? Christianity isn't excluded.

The slide show was also not produced by the Army. It was used without permission in a class
So then evangelical Christians are extremists? Does this describe extremism?

e·van·gel·i·cal

[ee-van-jel-i-kuh
l, ev-uh
n-] Show IPA

adjective 1. Also, e·van·gel·ic. pertaining to or in keeping with the gospel and its teachings.

2. belonging to or designating the Christian churches that emphasize the teachings and authority of the Scriptures, especially of the new testament, in opposition to the institutional authority of the church itself, and that stress as paramount the tenet that salvation is achieved by personal conversion to faith in the atonement of Christ.

Here's how scripture weighs in on weekly pew occupying:

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

P

PeteWaldo

The Bible can be used to justify a lot of things. It can be (and has been) twisted to serve any agenda anyone has ever had.
No it can't be. Nor has it. Satan has driven UNChristian men and Christian posers to pretend it can be, in order to create a false excuse and mask for their own reprobate behavior.

American Christianity has made Jesus into a carpenter who loves the smell of napalm in the morning.
Then I highly recommend that you find a different brand of "American Christianity" than whatever it is that you have had the misfortune of exposing yourself to. Your confusion seems to rest in a belief, that simply because a person has deluded themselves into believing they are Christian, that makes them Christian.
Muslims also like to pretend that a secular state, that divorced itself from God in 1947 through the Everson Decision, is Christian. Secular state vs Christianity. Apples vs oranges.

Last edited by a moderator:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
So then evangelical Christians are extremists? Does this describe extremism?

e·van·gel·i·cal

[ee-van-jel-i-kuh
l, ev-uh
n-] Show IPA

adjective 1. Also, e·van·gel·ic. pertaining to or in keeping with the gospel and its teachings.

2. belonging to or designating the Christian churches that emphasize the teachings and authority of the Scriptures, especially of the new testament, in opposition to the institutional authority of the church itself, and that stress as paramount the tenet that salvation is achieved by personal conversion to faith in the atonement of Christ.

Here's how scripture weighs in on weekly pew occupying:

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

oh gag.
pew warming....that's angry extremist xtian-zionist evangelical-speak for people who hold to orthodoxy, actually assemble and worship the Lord and share the Lord's Table and love each other.

pete youd be funny if you werent so scary

T

Theophane

Your confusion seems to rest in a belief, that simply because a person has deluded themselves into believing they are Christian, that makes them Christian.
I can't judge people by what's in their hearts, as am I am not privy to what is in their hearts. Their conduct is all I have to go by.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
No it can't be. Nor has it. Satan has driven UNChristian men and Christian posers to pretend it can be, in order to create a false excuse and mask for their own reprobate behavior.

Then I highly recommend that you find a different brand of "American Christianity" than whatever it is that you have had the misfortune of exposing yourself to. Your confusion seems to rest in a belief, that simply because a person has deluded themselves into believing they are Christian, that makes them Christian.
Muslims also like to pretend that a secular state, that divorced itself from God in 1947 through the Everson Decision, is Christian. Secular state vs Christianity. Apples vs oranges.
pete:
are you ready to talk about WW2 yet?
lemme know.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
This is so exciting!

A lot of women go for "bad boys", and while I always thought of myself as
being pretty milk-toast, I am now officially "dangerous".
Wooo!!!