UK government knows how its citizens voted!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
One of the misconceptions people in UK have is that thier vote is 100% secret, only the walls of the booth know what you did..WRONG.

I was having this discussion with someone earlier, people seem to be blissfully unaware that all ballot papers have a unique number written on them, no doubt to stop rigging and so on, thats all well and good, but look at what the clerks do when you go in to vote.

UK system is that a person goes into the polling station, declare themselves to the officer at desk, the officer can ask for ID, but normally not, Another clerk takes out a ballot paper, tells the other clerk the number and the clerk writes this number next to the name and address of the person who has turned up.

Now, you going to tell me that the government and various agencies are NOT going to take these and process it into one giant national database as to how every person in country has voted? This is useful to spot people who constantly vote for racist, militant and communist parties.

Anyone who thinks such a database does not exist is naive.

Just to point out to US voters, there are numerous parties and independents who stand in elections, some even get elected!

R

RachelBibleStudent

it is funny how people will complain that elections can be stolen because there is no paper trail...and then they complain that a paper trail is too intrusive...

W

wwjd_kilden

*shrugs* There are CC cameras all over the UK (and I guess the US too) anyway. They already know everything I do outside my house. If they want to find out who I vote for I don't really mind, as long as the state isn't turned into some crazy dictatorship trying to control the citizens, there is hardly much harm to it. Then again, I haven't voted in the UK yet, as I have no idea what the political parties do/ say about anything yet.

Brut

Jul 23, 2013
As each year goes by, the more I'm beginning to think that democracy is a total farce.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
it is funny how people will complain that elections can be stolen because there is no paper trail...and then they complain that a paper trail is too intrusive...
I have not heard that claim made about UK elections.

Brut

Jul 23, 2013
moron.jpg

-------------------------------