UN-Christian Republicans Shut Down US government

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
Wasn't it technically Obama who caused the government shut down since he approves or disapproves of funding plans? They're still working on a deal, and I saw that on MSN Obama denied another deal they came up with. At least Republicans aren't taking all the flak this time, as Obama's culpability in the lack of a deal was essentially displayed in bold letters for all to see.

Sep 8, 2012
So the pro abortion democrats are christian?
Honestly David, you know better. - (And if you don't, you should)
- C'mon man.

Mar 1, 2012
The president does not fund anything nor has he control of funding. He is in charge of the government...the same government still receiving tax dollars. The same government that could be running, if not for Obama's decisions.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
The president does not fund anything nor has he control of funding. He is in charge of the government...the same government still receiving tax dollars. The same government that could be running, if not for Obama's decisions.
Wikipedia: United States Budget Process

A conference committee is typically required to resolve differences between House and Senate appropriation bills. Once a conference bill has passed both chambers of Congress, it is sent to the President, who may sign the bill or veto it. If he signs, the bill becomes law. Otherwise, Congress must pass another bill to avoid a shutdown of at least part of the federal government.

The President has refused all of the budget plans thus far. This is why the government has shut down. So your last statement about the government still being able to run if it were not for him is quite correct.

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010

seriously......:)

Mar 21, 2011
Wasn't it technically Obama who caused the government shut down since he approves or disapproves of funding plans? They're still working on a deal, and I saw that on MSN Obama denied another deal they came up with. At least Republicans aren't taking all the flak this time, as Obama's culpability in the lack of a deal was essentially displayed in bold letters for all to see.
Please read the facts out there. None of this is Obama's fault.

I'm not sure why your friends in the Tea Party would be celebrating that they shutdown congress if it's all Obama's fault.

Mar 21, 2011
So the pro abortion democrats are christian?
Honestly David, you know better. - (And if you don't, you should)
- C'mon man.
If that is you entire basis to judge a political party on, then you have just declared yourself unable to comment.

I don't believe you are that ignorant.

ABORTION is your big thing??? You would literally vote for Satan if he was anti-Abortion?

REALLY?

J

jimmydiggs

If that is you entire basis to judge a political party on, then you have just declared yourself unable to comment.

I don't believe you are that ignorant.

ABORTION is your big thing??? You would literally vote for Satan if he was anti-Abortion?

REALLY?
That's part of the problem. He's not anti-abortion. The Democrats are so angry with God, and in such a war with him it's so obvious which god they serve, and it isn't the one in heaven. Many of the Republicans are the same way, serving their false idols. McCain and Romney are easy examples.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010

I'm not sure why your friends in the Tea Party would be celebrating that they shutdown congress if it's all Obama's fault.
Your observations of what's going on in our country are very poor. Not all of the Tea Party and Republicans are fully in favor of this shutdown.

Republicans don't want our debt ceiling raised. We're already in over our heads in debt. And he wants to RAISE it? That's like buying a million dollar home, not keep up on the payments because you can't keep up on the payments, you never do pay it off, and then go on to buy a 5 million, having an even HARDER time keeping up on the payments, having the debts from the previous house and that house combined, then wanting to go for a 10 million dollar home. You're going to wind up in the streets and in millions of dollars in debt.

J

jimmydiggs

Your observations of what's going on in our country are very poor. Not all of the Tea Party and Republicans are fully in favor of this shutdown.

Republicans don't want our debt ceiling raised. We're already in over our heads in debt. And he wants to RAISE it? That's like buying a million dollar home, not keep up on the payments because you can't keep up on the payments, you never do pay it off, and then go on to buy a 5 million, having an even HARDER time keeping up on the payments, having the debts from the previous house and that house combined, then wanting to go for a 10 million dollar home. You're going to wind up in the streets and in millions of dollars in debt.
Not to forget, all the sin involved in all of that.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011

I actually feel like celebrating a little. It means our nation isn't going to be forced into even greater debt as it would have had it been operating all this time. But just because I'm happy about that aspect doesn't mean I had a hand in shutting the government down. The handling of the budget plan is the responsibility of Congress and the President; that includes both Democrats and Republicans. So I don't know why Republicans are taking all the flak here when the budget plan is not solely their responsibility. It seems like the liberals are saying, "Republicans are evil because they don't want to force our country into greater debt until it crashes like a bomb. Hence they shut down the government even though the ultimatum for that decision rests with the President who is in fact from our liberal Democratic party." The accusation is a bunch of nonsensical contradictions. That's what urks me about it. People are seeing cross-eyed.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011

Someone with common sense. It's a breath of fresh air these days.

Mar 1, 2012
A president's veto can be overturned.

I was mistaken. While the presidnet can offer up a budget, the Congress decides what is in it, then the president signs off on it.