Un-Christianlike Christianity and Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2009
1 Peter 4:1-3 says, "Therefore, since Christ suffered in His body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body id done with sin. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans chose to do--living in debauchary, lust, drunkeness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry."
1 Peter 4:7-11 says, "The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whateve gift he has received to serve others, faithfulling administering God's grace in its various forms. if anyone speaks, he sould do so as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."
According to this, we, as Christians, should have the attitude that Christ had and live our lives through Him. So why is it that I see so many people come in here claiming to be Christians and claiming love for all and yet their words and attitudes do not reflect the image that Christ has given us for how we as Christians should be? I pray that we could uplift and encourage each other to live our lives with the mindset of Christ and how He says we should live.l

A

Abing

I hear ya. and i know i am one of the those with the attitudes on here. and yes, prayer is the best way for this. i'm glad you brought it up.

Unchristian-like christianity *sighs*,

A

Abing

don't let Christ down. we're here to lift HIS banner, not his, hers, or mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.