UN Holding ‘Peace Day Effort For Middle East Peace’ Without Israel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Upon review of Daniel 9:27 the Antichrist will confirm the covenant for one week meaning 7 years.

"And HE SHALL CONFIRM THE COVENANT WITH MANY FOR ONE WEEK, and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, (3 1/2 year point) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."
Are you still saying the "covenant" is a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. Because I have a few questions.

1. How does one confirm a peace covenant for a seven year period? Does that mean in seven years the war starts?

2. How are you able to discern that "the many" refers to Israel and the Palestinians?

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Are you still saying the "covenant" is a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. Because I have a few questions.

1. How does one confirm a peace covenant for a seven year period? Does that mean in seven years the war starts?

2. How are you able to discern that "the many" refers to Israel and the Palestinians?
First, since the Antichrist will initiate the confirming of the covenant what makes you think he would have any intention of honoring the negotiated agreement? As the Bible reveals he will not. Three and one half years into the 7 year period he will stand in the Holy place and declare he is God. And as recorded in the Book of Revelation the 7 year period will culminate in the return of Jesus Christ to save Israel from total annihilation.

Second, as the article included in this thread indicates it is possible that MANY countries are gathering together to make decisions that Israel and Palestine will be forced to accept in order to facilitate peace in the region.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
First, since the Antichrist will initiate the confirming of the covenant what makes you think he would have any intention of honoring the negotiated agreement?
Nothing. However, I do think that the Bible and Daniel would tell us if the covenant that was confirmed is then broken, and yet Daniel never says that. Therefore I don't assume that the covenant is broken, but your teaching assumes something that is not said, therefore your teaching is not Biblical.

As the Bible reveals he will not. Three and one half years into the 7 year period he will stand in the Holy place and declare he is God. And as recorded in the Book of Revelation the 7 year period will culminate in the return of Jesus Christ to save Israel from total annihilation.
All that is true, and yes it shows that the Antichrist is a master of deceit, but it doesn't in any way show that the covenant was a peace treaty with Israel and Palestine. Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Second, as the article included in this thread indicates it is possible that MANY countries are gathering together to make decisions that Israel and Palestine will be forced to accept in order to facilitate peace in the region.
Yes, your doctrine is something "that is possible" but is not Biblical. Pure speculation.

But it doesn't make sense. You still haven't answered my question, who makes a peace treaty for seven years?

I on the other hand have provided you with a much more plausible explanation.

1. The covenant refers to the one made with Noah for all the nations, the many. Hence they can "strengthen" the covenant already made with the many.

2. This covenant gives governments the right to deal with issues regarding peace and security.

3. A common example of governments strengthening this covenant is when they implement martial law and suspend rights and freedoms.

4. An example of "confirming the covenant with the many for seven years" can be seen in Agenda 2030 which the UN is currently in the process of strengthening by implementing a mechanism to control what people buy or sell (digital currency). So although we have many examples of countries implementing martial law, the only example I can think of this being with the many countries is during this last pandemic with the measures they implemented. However, the only attempt to confirm martial law for a set seven year period is what they are doing now with Agenda 2030.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Upon what scripture do you base this? Can you post the scripture that says a 7 year peace treaty between the Palestinians and the Israelis will kick off the final seven years?
There is no single scripture that expresses it. However, in order to completely understand any topic from the Word requires gathering all relevant to it.

An agreement that results in a two-state solution will "seem" to be the ticket to peace and resolving the conflict in the area. In addition, it would open the Temple Mount for the building of the third temple as spoken of by John in Revelation 11:1-2: "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
But the court which is without the temple leave out
, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

Paul mentions that the second coming of Jesus and our gathering together with Him will not occur until there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; SO THAT HE AS GOD SITTETH IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD, SHEWING HIMSELF THAT HE IS GOD. (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4)

Dan 9:27
"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

Matt 24:15-31
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Nothing. However, I do think that the Bible and Daniel would tell us if the covenant that was confirmed is then broken, and yet Daniel never says that. Therefore I don't assume that the covenant is broken, but your teaching assumes something that is not said, therefore your teaching is not Biblical.

All that is true, and yes it shows that the Antichrist is a master of deceit, but it doesn't in any way show that the covenant was a peace treaty with Israel and Palestine. Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Yes, your doctrine is something "that is possible" but is not Biblical. Pure speculation.

But it doesn't make sense. You still haven't answered my question, who makes a peace treaty for seven years?

I on the other hand have provided you with a much more plausible explanation.

1. The covenant refers to the one made with Noah for all the nations, the many. Hence they can "strengthen" the covenant already made with the many.

2. This covenant gives governments the right to deal with issues regarding peace and security.

3. A common example of governments strengthening this covenant is when they implement martial law and suspend rights and freedoms.

4. An example of "confirming the covenant with the many for seven years" can be seen in Agenda 2030 which the UN is currently in the process of strengthening by implementing a mechanism to control what people buy or sell (digital currency). So although we have many examples of countries implementing martial law, the only example I can think of this being with the many countries is during this last pandemic with the measures they implemented. However, the only attempt to confirm martial law for a set seven year period is what they are doing now with Agenda 2030.
The article was provided as a heads up to things going on in the Middle East that may in fact result in the confirming of the covenant spoken of in scripture.

Time will tell.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
There is no single scripture that expresses it. However, in order to completely understand any topic from the Word requires gathering all relevant to it.

An agreement that results in a two-state solution will "seem" to be the ticket to peace and resolving the conflict in the area. In addition, it would open the Temple Mount for the building of the third temple as spoken of by John in Revelation 11:1-2: "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
But the court which is without the temple leave out
, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

Paul mentions that the second coming of Jesus and our gathering together with Him will not occur until there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; SO THAT HE AS GOD SITTETH IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD, SHEWING HIMSELF THAT HE IS GOD. (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4)

Dan 9:27
"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

Matt 24:15-31
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
It is Biblical that the sacrifices will begin again and the temple will be built again (with the caveat that it could be the Tabernacle).

It is plausible that a peace agreement would precede that.

There is prophecies that Israel would trade land for peace bringing in the wrath of God.

That is not the point. The point is that the event that marks the start of the seven years does not have any Biblical basis to say it is that peace agreement or any peace agreement.

Why is it that you are perfectly OK with thinking about what is reasonable, plausible and could be and yet when I ask you to give me one example of a peace treaty that expires in seven years or other time limit, you won't consider that? How is that "plausible"?

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
It is Biblical that the sacrifices will begin again and the temple will be built again (with the caveat that it could be the Tabernacle).

It is plausible that a peace agreement would precede that.

There is prophecies that Israel would trade land for peace bringing in the wrath of God.

That is not the point. The point is that the event that marks the start of the seven years does not have any Biblical basis to say it is that peace agreement or any peace agreement.

Why is it that you are perfectly OK with thinking about what is reasonable, plausible and could be and yet when I ask you to give me one example of a peace treaty that expires in seven years or other time limit, you won't consider that? How is that "plausible"?
I meant no disrespect. And agree that some things are uncertain and will only be known with absolute certainty as circumstances unfold. I do think it prudent to keep our eyes on Israel as the area is where the events of the end time will occur.

And again, with no disrespect meant, what is normal regarding treaties, etc. in our world does not bar God from doing what seems impossible.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I meant no disrespect. And agree that some things are uncertain and will only be known with absolute certainty as circumstances unfold. I do think it prudent to keep our eyes on Israel as the area is where the events of the end time will occur.

And again, with no disrespect meant, what is normal regarding treaties, etc. in our world does not bar God from doing what seems impossible.
Most people teach that it will be a peace treaty allowing Israel to rebuild the temple.

My concern is that everyone understand that this is merely a guess. The Bible doesn't say that and for the vast majority of Christians you need to focus on what the Bible says. Yes, there are those who hear that and know that is simply a guess and the Bible doesn't say that, but most assume that is what they are supposed to be watching for.

What we are looking for is "the" covenant being strengthened for seven years with the many.

No one has all the answers so by all means speculate and test your hypothesis, but make sure you are clear it is a hypothesis.

So in addition to a peace treaty test out Agenda 2030 and see if that fits.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
I agree. However, the final agreement will include a two-state solution in an effort to bring peace in the region between Israel and Palestine. It is my understanding from scripture that the agreement will include a sharing agreement concerning the Temple Mount.
Daniel 11:39 KJV
Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.