Unanswered Prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 3, 2013
Now, about that obstacle. It is called “self-examination” and is necessary if I am to determine where I am missing the mark. It isn’t so much that self-examination is such an obstacle itself, the obstacle is an objective self-examination. Human nature severely hinders objective self-examination and as new creatures in Christ, it would be nice if human nature just disappeared when we first believe. But we have to take off the rose colored glasses that come as stock equipment straight from the ‘assembly line’ so to speak. Our self-absorbed human nature is as ungodly as it is strong.

I consulted good old Webster’s dictionary to see what it said about this “entity.” Human nature is, according to the dictionary, “the qualities common to humanity; the unique elements that form a basic part of human life and distinguish it from other animal life.” It is the makeup all humans everywhere and at every time in history share. It does not change so we are automatically engaged in a spiritual war, raging within true believers. This fact is addressed most notably by the apostle, Paul, who was intimately acquainted with all of God’s Word, which says, “ If a person will not listen to *Torah, even his prayer is an abomination.” (*Torah = instruction, teachings)

He describes it this way in Romans 7:14-24 (CJB):
14 For we know that the Torah is of the Spirit; but as for me, I am bound to the old nature, sold to sin as a slave.
15 I don't understand my own behavior - I don't do what I want to do; instead, I do the very thing I hate!
16 Now if I am doing what I don't want to do, I am agreeing that the Torah is good.
17 But now it is no longer "the real me" doing it, but the sin housed inside me.
18 For I know that there is nothing good housed inside me - that is, inside my old nature. I can want what is good, but I can't do it!
19 For I don't do the good I want; instead, the evil that I don't want is what I do!
20 But if I am doing what "the real me" doesn't want, it is no longer "the real me" doing it but the sin housed inside me.
21 So I find it to be the rule, a kind of perverse "torah," that although I want to do what is good, evil is right there with me!
22 For in my inner self I completely agree with God's Torah;
23 but in my various parts, I see a different "torah," one that battles with the Torah in my mind and makes me a prisoner of sin's "torah," which is operating in my various parts.
24 What a miserable creature I am! Who will rescue me from this body bound for death?

If it was this difficult for an apostle, the great apostle Paul, what makes us think we should expect an easier time?

G

No,there will be no easy road here for those that truly believe and have accepted Christ as a new creation.I'f they were against him they will be against those who love and abide in him.We fight not against flesh and blood but a spiritual war.All we can do is watch ourselves with Christ and pray for all those in opposition to the truth.