Unanswered Prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 3, 2013
Next on the list is “doubt.” If I am to be completely honest, I would have to say that the fewer of my prayers that are answered, the more I doubt. Or at least I question in my mind whether something I have prayed about will be answered.

To be clear, yes, God answers many of my daily prayers, i.e. protection from accidents, exceptionally good health (especially for old folks like us
), good harvest from the garden to supply healthy food, and ordinary things like that. But when I say I question in my own mind if a prayer will be answered, I’m meaning something like healing for someone, either physical or spiritual, or some other need, like someone who needs a job.

James 1:5-8 (CJB)
5 Now if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all generously and without reproach; and it will be given to him.
6 But let him ask in trust, doubting nothing; for the doubter is like a wave in the sea being tossed and driven by the wind.
7 Indeed that person should not think that he will receive anything from the Lord,
8 because he is double-minded, unstable in all his ways.

After praying, meditating and contemplating, the conclusion of the matter of doubt is that doubt will decrease, for me anyway, as I see more “yes” answers to my prayers. And that will come about only as I learn my faults through objective self-examination, and then correct them. As my Norwegian grandparents used to say, “Uff da!” This isn’t going to be easy!

Ecclesiastes 12:13 (CJB) “Here is the final conclusion, now that you have heard everything: fear God, and keep his mitzvoth [commandments]; this is what being human is all about.

Or as the KJV says it: “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

T

Timothy2414

If you're wondering about unanswered prayer, it shouldn't be that way, in the book of John in chapters 14 and 15 talks about answered prayer. Jesus said that if you abide in Him, He will abide in you, and anything you ask, believing you will receive. If you have faith in God, God will do His part, but people must also do their part as well. If someone needs His Holy Spirit, they should be praying too or that would go unanswered because God can't make them worship, also prayer is to bring glory to the Father to bring good fruit, just like what it says in john chapter 15, that Jesus is the vine to the Father to bear good fruit and that he seperates the good from the bad. Answered prayer is favor from God that Christians have, unbelievers don't have that privilege unless God says so. After you pray, look to John 14:14 and ask in Jesus Name and God will do it. Prayer isn't exactly for financial gain, but it is to bring glory to the Father, so if you're praying for healing, yes, God is healing. Jesus is at work in your prayer life, because His Word says so!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Blackson

I like this one. it is encouraging. keep it up.