Unaswered Questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Is it so hard for a Christian to answer questions that are presented to them?

Far to often i see in CC Posts questions that are presented to a specific person, and that person does not take the time to answer those questions. Why?

One reason that i can see would be a reason to NOT answer a question, is because the person being asked is ignorant to the answer. But would it not be better for that person to merely say "I don't know" Then to ignore the question altogether?

Another reason that i can see would be because in answering the question, it would prove what that person believes to be in error. Therefore instead of answering the question asked of them, they ignore it, void it, or interpret it away to mean something other that what it says. Would it not be better for that person to merely say "I will have to study on that one" Then to not answer at all?

Tell me, how rude is it, if you are in a conversation with someone and they ask you a question, and you reply nothing at all to them?
Aren't we having conversations with posts?

Tell me, would it be a Godly thing or an evil thing to try to answer every question presented to you?

If you can't answer the question, then say "I can't answer that"
If you don't know the answer, then say "I don't know the answer"

Are you aware of the Golden Rule? Tell me, When you ask a specific person a question, are you not wanting that person to answer your question? Do likewise unto them. If YOU are asked a question, then try to the best of your ability to answer the questions given to you, even as you would want them to answer the questions you give to them. Is this not a Godly thing to do? Is that not the Golden Rule?

Therefore if someone is asking you questions, then try to answer the questions given to you.

^i^

††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

DiscipleDave
If a person comes into the forum and posts 10 questions then if you feel confident in answering 4 of them you should answer them... and move on.. The only time i would free the need to give an I Don't know answer is if the questions where personally given to me.. But if the questions are given to the entire CC membership then everyone is free just to give answers that they can answer.. Anyway thats the way i feel about it..

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Sometimes I answer questions.........

Sometimes I forget to check in here, and by the time I do, there are a zillion comments on the Thread where I commented, and I don't want to read through all of them to see if anyone asked me a question or not,

Sometimes........I just forget to check......

Sometimes the question is so, well, not worthy of commenting on.....

Sometimes......uh, er, where was i?
Good evening P_rehbein,

The biggest deterrent as to why I don't answer some questions, is because the post is mini book of information, with all kinds of Bolden and much larger letters and all crunched together, which is burdensome to read. And if their post is a book, then I have to write a book in order to answer. Short and to the point is the best way to post. Then it is not overwhelming to the reader.

DJ2

Apr 15, 2017
Many of the questions presented are contrived, simply meant to confuse and not enhance a discussion.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
So, I'm guessing you ARE NOT going to answer my question?

facepalm.jpg

Just because you desire an answer to a question does not mean that the person is under an obligation to respond. Sometimes a person may answer immediately but then is ridiculed for the answer given or is then subject to an endless barrage of even more questions. Yes, it would be nice to receive an answer to a question that was asked in sincerity but for various reasons the question remains unanswered.

E

eternally-gratefull

If we are sure in our faith, there is no question we can not answer. Even if we think someone is asking us a loaded question. Again, if our faiht is secure, what can we say that would take away our faith?

People usually did not answer questions because

1. They can’t
2. The know answering it will prove what others are saying
3. They know their answer will hurt, rather than help, their cause (pride comes in here)

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Just because you desire an answer to a question does not mean that the person is under an obligation to respond. Sometimes a person may answer immediately but then is ridiculed for the answer given or is then subject to an endless barrage of even more questions. Yes, it would be nice to receive an answer to a question that was asked in sincerity but for various reasons the question remains unanswered.
Tell me Truly? When you ask a person a question, do you not desire them to answer the question you ask?

^i^

DiscipleDave

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Good evening P_rehbein,

The biggest deterrent as to why I don't answer some questions, is because the post is mini book of information, with all kinds of Bolden and much larger letters and all crunched together, which is burdensome to read. And if their post is a book, then I have to write a book in order to answer. Short and to the point is the best way to post. Then it is not overwhelming to the reader.
So basically what you are saying if it is to burdensome to YOU, then you will not answer questions that another asks you? is that correct? Or is this question to burdensome to answer as well?

Me personally, i believe it is a Godly thing to do to answer any question presented to me, regardless if i feel it is to burdensome to answer them. To me, that just sound like an excuse not to answer the tough questions given to me to answer. But that is just my opinion and it could be wrong.

^i^

DiscipleDave

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Many of the questions presented are contrived, simply meant to confuse and not enhance a discussion.
So then if someone asks you a question that is meant to confuse, could you not answer that question in such a way to try to diffuse?

^i^

DiscipleDave

Jan 6, 2018
I don't answer questions that are intended to hijack a discussion.

DJ2

Apr 15, 2017
So then if someone asks you a question that is meant to confuse, could you not answer that question in such a way to try to diffuse?

^i^

DiscipleDave
Of course, but many do not have the will or the writing skills to do so.

LibrarianLeo

Feb 8, 2018
Is it so hard for a Christian to answer questions that are presented to them?

Far to often i see in CC Posts questions that are presented to a specific person, and that person does not take the time to answer those questions. Why?

One reason that i can see would be a reason to NOT answer a question, is because the person being asked is ignorant to the answer. But would it not be better for that person to merely say "I don't know" Then to ignore the question altogether?

Another reason that i can see would be because in answering the question, it would prove what that person believes to be in error. Therefore instead of answering the question asked of them, they ignore it, void it, or interpret it away to mean something other that what it says. Would it not be better for that person to merely say "I will have to study on that one" Then to not answer at all?

Tell me, how rude is it, if you are in a conversation with someone and they ask you a question, and you reply nothing at all to them?
Aren't we having conversations with posts?

Tell me, would it be a Godly thing or an evil thing to try to answer every question presented to you?

If you can't answer the question, then say "I can't answer that"
If you don't know the answer, then say "I don't know the answer"

Are you aware of the Golden Rule? Tell me, When you ask a specific person a question, are you not wanting that person to answer your question? Do likewise unto them. If YOU are asked a question, then try to the best of your ability to answer the questions given to you, even as you would want them to answer the questions you give to them. Is this not a Godly thing to do? Is that not the Golden Rule?

Therefore if someone is asking you questions, then try to answer the questions given to you.

^i^

DiscipleDave
Sorry. What's your question again?

You may or may not be familiar with the question:

"Were you ever so wasted that they would not accept you in rehab?"

Some questions are leading.

Last edited: