Unconsummated marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Anna80

Can two married Christians who did not become one physically (did not make love) divorce and marry other people?

A

AnandaHya

1 Corinthians 7:37
Nevertheless he who stands steadfast in his heart, having no necessity, but has power over his own will, and has so determined in his heart that he will keep his virgin, does well.

R

Ramon

It is not wise to follow your own heart, because our hearts can easily deceive us.

Pray that the Lord tells you the answer Anna. I will pray too, and maybe he will tell me the answer.

May Jesus bless you.

A

Anna80

What does your heart say about the question in the OP?
Actually my mind tells me that if the two did not become one physically then they are not really husband and wife. In court they can actually get an annulement and not a divorce.
I just wanted to see others' opinions.

Dec 19, 2009
Can two married Christians who did not become one physically (did not make love) divorce and marry other people?
Yes, I think it would be all right, except I think they’d want an annulment, not a divorce.

N

NitzWalsh

If you get married and live together with that person I don't think there's many people out there that would believe you never consummated the thing... I know I wouldn't believe it.

Aug 18, 2011
If I do not follow my heart I most certainly cannot follow my mind or body because my heart is where the spirit resides not my mind or my body it is through my heart that I implicitly know good from evil though it may be hardened from time to time by sin

C

Consumed

Wow, remember Adam?? This woman you gave me?? Divorce?? Read 1 cor 7, separation ok you can't get on, but as Paul clearly states what the Lord says, your married death do you part or reconcile. Last 50 yrs marriage has been taken as a breakable covenant, we stand before God with our vows then later say "it's your fault Lord you gave me my spouse" or "God said I could divorce"
There's nothing God can't do to fix any marriage, takes dying to self and commitment to start with in any situation, seperated or not.