Undermining your own salvation. . .

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CanadaNZ

I don't get so many 'christians' who undermine their own salvation and then claim it is the "truth"

There are tons of examples, but I will only mention a few quickly.

God wants us to be rich, hmm I guess Jesus didn't get that message, or the disciples. . .if you exclude your own Savior, and his closest followers, by what you teach odds are you are on the wrong track.

Jesus wasn't really God, Jesus claimed to be the Son of God, which the Jewish leaders considered blasphemy, if the people right there knew what He was claiming maybe you should it as such instead of trying to convince yourself and others that you know better than the people who heard His words for themselves. Also technically the term Son of God means at the very least that you are part God. . .so either he was (and is) God and our salvation is secure. Or he is a god, by definition false and thus not perfect and we are all doomed to hell. I could go on. . .but that should be enough for anyone. If you don't want to listen to reason hopefully you will listen to the Holy Spirit, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.(John 1:1-2)" Would suggest checking out Philippians 2 as well.

The trinitarian God, many reject this because the word "Trinity" is not in the bible, talk about throwing out the baby with the bathwater, just because God didn't think it important to coin a term for His trifold nature doesn't mean it isn't true. There are so many passages I could post here, but will just post a couple. John 1:1-2,14 "If you don't listen to reason hopefully you will listen to the Holy Spirit, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.He was with God in the beginning. . . .The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." Also another interesting point is many seem to believe that the Jews didn't believe or teach this, but when the leaders were translating the scriptures after the return of the exiles from Babylon, because the people had switched to Aramaic as their native tongue. Genesis 1:1 was translated as "In the beginning the Firstborn God created", this only confirms what John 1 says, Jesus, the Word also called "Firstborn over all creation", was and is God and was in the beginning creating everything. You don't have to like the word Trinity, toss it out if you want, but don't ignore the truth that the word was coined to define.

That's all I have time for. . .peace to you all and may the Holy Spirit lead you in all truth and wisdom.

Jul 26, 2013
If no man can take what is in the Father's hands why then believe a man a pluck himself from the palm of God?

Salvation is free.

Oct 12, 2013
I don't get so many 'christians' who undermine their own salvation and then claim it is the "truth"

There are tons of examples, but I will only mention a few quickly.

God wants us to be rich, hmm I guess Jesus didn't get that message, or the disciples. . .if you exclude your own Savior, and his closest followers, by what you teach odds are you are on the wrong track.

Jesus wasn't really God, Jesus claimed to be the Son of God, which the Jewish leaders considered blasphemy, if the people right there knew what He was claiming maybe you should it as such instead of trying to convince yourself and others that you know better than the people who heard His words for themselves. Also technically the term Son of God means at the very least that you are part God. . .so either he was (and is) God and our salvation is secure. Or he is a god, by definition false and thus not perfect and we are all doomed to hell. I could go on. . .but that should be enough for anyone. If you don't want to listen to reason hopefully you will listen to the Holy Spirit, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.(John 1:1-2)" Would suggest checking out Philippians 2 as well.

The trinitarian God, many reject this because the word "Trinity" is not in the bible, talk about throwing out the baby with the bathwater, just because God didn't think it important to coin a term for His trifold nature doesn't mean it isn't true. There are so many passages I could post here, but will just post a couple. John 1:1-2,14 "If you don't listen to reason hopefully you will listen to the Holy Spirit, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.He was with God in the beginning. . . .The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." Also another interesting point is many seem to believe that the Jews didn't believe or teach this, but when the leaders were translating the scriptures after the return of the exiles from Babylon, because the people had switched to Aramaic as their native tongue. Genesis 1:1 was translated as "In the beginning the Firstborn God created", this only confirms what John 1 says, Jesus, the Word also called "Firstborn over all creation", was and is God and was in the beginning creating everything. You don't have to like the word Trinity, toss it out if you want, but don't ignore the truth that the word was coined to define.

That's all I have time for. . .peace to you all and may the Holy Spirit lead you in all truth and wisdom.
I agree with your last line. Truth and wisdom is a gift.